Teenies losing interest in gaming?

I’m glad I can still enjoy games. I don’t find the quality or variety of games any worse now than I did ten years ago. I like innovation also but every damn game dosen’t have to reinvent the wheel. Is it as exciting today loading up a FPS or RTS as it was the first time I saw one -no! But that dosen’t mean I can’t enjoy a game just because the genres been done before. IMO their are more quality, interesting titles scattered across all the different platforms out there today than I’ll ever have a chance to get to. Theres lots of junk too but thats always been the case.

Actually, it looks like the fact that teenage girls are having more sex might have something to do with it…

I think game quality is better than it’s ever been… despite the prevalence of buggy games today. But I do feel that the gaming scene could use a little more variety these days. But overall I still have way too much fun playing games and can’t really complain, even though I still do. :wink:

LOL @ these statistics, SOMEBODY is lying to the pollsters, unless homosexual activity with boys was MUCH more common 60 years ago (???)

I don’t think you quite understand statistics.

Or the concepts of “lying on surveys” or “multiple sexual encounters”, apparently :-)

LOL @ these statistics, SOMEBODY is lying to the pollsters, unless homosexual activity with boys was MUCH more common 60 years ago (???)

Why? You don’t think a single girl can sleep with more than one boy?

On topic, I find it easy to believe game use is down, just as it would be easy to believe it was up. Tastes change.

54% 32% of 34%s are %43 of 34% gulhagaulhalgag

Video game playing behavior is addictive in the sense that it takes more and newer and better to keep the brain interested, or else the payoff declines. Sports don’t have that. The triggers in the brain that video games stimulate are distinct from those that sports stimulate. So sports is a lousy comparison.

Video game playing behavior is addictive in the sense that it takes more and newer and better to keep the brain interested, or else the payoff declines.

If thats the case why do I keep going back and playing my favorites? I still enjoy them just as much as ever. Heck, sometimes I even enjoy them more the second or third time around.

Because exercising mastery of patterns is also “fun”, and a less stressful form of fun than that earned by learning new patterns.

Mett Kevin Perry. He has has quantified the brainwaves known as “fun”.

So what I am getting here is that gay sex is leading teens away from videogames. Right, the solution is obviously to design a gay teen sex videogame, then create a complementary line of merchandise to go along with the game.

Or it could be there’s just too many damn videogames out there, too many systems and the resulting saturation has made the whole thing somewhat less appealing, especially to teens. Not quite a crisis situation, though.

(Yet.)

Because your favorites have depth.

The lesbian epidemic in our schools is probably a large part of the reason why gaming is such a male-dominated market segment. That burgeoning all-around homosexual epidemic definitely spells doom.

Also, DOMED! Oddly, teens leaving isn’t one of its points. Even more oddly, not much on that gay angle either, which is downright inexplicable given the source site.

Because exercising mastery of patterns is also “fun”, and a less stressful form of fun than that earned by learning new patterns.

You know, when you put it like that it dosen’t sound like any fun at all. :)