Telford United! FM2010 AAR

Great stuff. Telford used to be my favorite lower league pick in the CM 3/4 era, mostly because they had an awesome player named Scott Huckerby (I guess he’s too old now though).

I have considered and used wingers on occassion, especially to strong effect in 2009-2010 when they formed a good part of my system for half the season. I generally jettisoned that idea the next year as I forcused moving the ball down the middle with a plethora of midfielders and strikers. Generally I’ve wanted to organize my team around two or three players - in this case Aaron Moses-Garvey and Danny Allsopp as they were my prime ways to get offense and since I don’t have a good goalkeeper I can’t just sit back and defend away matches.

Yes, attacking, defense, support.

I had issues with the game locking up when I ran it full screen. It would hang on the loading screen, but since switching to windowed mode it works much better.

I’m doing training all my myself. Since I started in Blue Square North everyone was just a part-time contract so you really couldn’t do much but ever since I’ve been signing players to professional contracts to get control over training programs. I just set up what feels like the best schedules to use for each position. I figure I shouldn’t really look up training tips when the board won’t even let me hire a second coach.

I found a really good guide on the Zen of FM2010 - not a cheat sheet or anything like that, but an in depth explanation of how it all works so you know exactly what you’re doing.

Here it is if you’re interested.

This game series is amazing. I spent most of my high scool and early college years playing it.

However it has gotten too complicated for me in the latest incarnations. As I can’t really pin down the reasons for my team doing poorly (or well for that matter but it is much more rare). Not that I knew it back in the day either but the game was much easier then and because I won I didn’t really care. Now I have come to the conclusion that there is just to many variables in play for me to be able to process it. Maybe because I don’t know enough about real world football to be able to apply common sense.

I still think the game is very good though and will follow this AAR with great interest.

Edit: Interesting that you just posted that JM. Looks like something I should read.

I reiterate my recommendation for the stuff in the link. If you enjoy the game but feel overwhelmed - like I did - you’ll probably find it invaluable.

So when playing how many folks play ïron man" (no redoing matches with save games)? I confess to reloading a game occasionally when a star player gets a 6 month injury. I am weak :)

[center]
Telford fans show their support during their home opener against Southport

August 2011 - Part 1

Crawley v. AFC Telford

After weeks of training and match practice against better teams it was now time for AFC Telford to get down to Blue Square Premier action starting with our 6th of August road match against Crawley Town. The two sides had met twice before in league play in 2010, with Telford winning both.

Our meeting with Crawley was a bruising affair with Telford players unable to keep their cool starting during the 13th minute when James Owen received the first yellow card of the match for tripping. His card was soon followed by more for Nurse, Golobart, Bangura, and Moses-Garvey. To put it lightly I wasn’t much pleased with the referee at the end of the game. Faced with so many fouls against Telford struggled to do much of anything offensively during the game managing a mere seven shots of which most were of a long range variety - clearly more attention must be given in telling the players not to shoot from range and to work the ball into the box. The lone goal of the game came 82 minutes in as Crawley striker Lewis Killeen got loose during a cross attempt and headed the ball past Thackeray. Soon after the game ended the press took me to task for changing up my formation after it had been working so well and agreeing with them I’ll be switching back to a 4-2-1-3 in due time.

Barnet v. AFC Telford

Next on the docket before we head back to New Bucks Head is Barnet. Though the media continues to pick us as long odds we’ve also never lost to this team getting a win and a draw off them last season. However with James Owen and Aaron Moses-Garvey off on international duty at the moment we can’t return right away to the 4-1-2-3 formation that put us ahead during preseason and with Powell out I’ve decided to simply go with a 4-1-2-3. Ndumbu-Nsungu will start giving us three strikers up front.

The game starts well enough for the away side as a mere two minutes in Rory Carson gets a ball up to Allsopp who runs in and scores. Unfortunately Allsopp is ruled offsides and the score remains level. Carson incredulous attempts to get back the advantage by diving several minutes later, but only receives a yellow card in return. Telford goes up for sure in the 18th minute, as Nurse makes a magnificent lobbed through ball pass up to Ndumbu-Nsungu who bursts off his man and puts it past the keeper. Our advantage doesn’t last long though as Barnet ties it up after Jai Reason finds the ball inside our box, Thackeray didn’t have a chance. We put pressure on Barnet for the rest of the half, including one close chance by Allsopp but remain level entering halftime. Coming out both sides attempt to gain the win, but Barnet scores first. Furious at what I thought was offsides the players are urged on to get another goal which Allsopp provides in due course, a header past the outstretched fingers of the opposing tender.

AFC Telford v. Southport

These two sides haven’t faced each other since Telford was still making its way out of Blue Square North and we split the two games played. Newly promoted they’ll look to carve off three important points.

Allsopp nearly picked up his second goal very early into the game off a long cross header, but the Southport goalie managed to make a fantastic save to keep the game level. Allsopp was robbed a second time after his close range effort hit the post and was knocked out of play. Shortly after Bangura was given a red card, the result of persistent fouling and a previous yellow card. His removal let Southport pick up the lead shortly thereafter off a corner set piece. After the half Allsopp came back onto the field with renewed vigour and very quickly went about scoring on this third attempt after Moses-Garvey found him open and well onside. Despite this it was always going to be an uphill battle as shown in the 72st minute as Southport went ahead again off a cross attempt and bobbled ball by Owen resulted in a Jaime Phoenix goal. Down and with time running out I ordered the team to attack all out with ten men and was rewarded by my number one striker courtesy of a short in the box cross from an injured Lee Vaughn - New Bucks Head exploded in relief as the score was leveled 2-2. It was however, not the end of Allsopp’s night as a mere three minutes on he was once given enough time and space to swing around and smash another pass, this time into the top left corner. Allsopp gets a hat-trick, Telford gets a win, and fans get something special to talk about. Crazy how he almost ended up with five goals.

Notes and Injury Table

• Alhassan Bangura is suspended for one match due to his conduct in the Southport game. I’ve fined him a weeks wages for his persistent fouling as he has so far collected three yellow cards and one red - simply unacceptable.
  • Chris Nurse is solidifying his place as first-team midfielder following several excellent games. He has two assists through three games.
  • Other managers are currently sniffing out Danny Allsopp and interest seems to be strong at the moment, I can only hope Allsopp won’t try and jump ship.
  • Current four players are out with injuries. Andrew Hawksworthy is closest to returning with a bruised rib. He should be back for our next match against Accrington Stanley. Martell Powell should be back near the end of the month coming off a broken shoulder. Both Lee Vaughn and Sean Newton are on the long term disabled list having a pulled hamstring and a torn groin muscle respectively - we shouldn’t expect them back until near the end of September.

[/center]

[center]
Danny Allsopp leads Telford in goals

August 2011 - Part 2

AFC Telford v. Accrington Stanley

Coming into this match I’m finding problems in the dressing room popping up. Alhassan Bangora is claiming to the media that I’ve treated him unfairly and is feeling like signing on with Telford was a bad idea. I’ll try and patch up things with him if at all possible, he may pick up the cards left, right, and center but he’s possibly my best midfielder. Likewise with Vaughn out the press asked me who would fill his place - I say Hawksworthy cause he’s my next best DR, but apparently everyone else on the backend thinks they are better. Nuts!

Anyways to Accrington. We’ve never met before but need to be wary of this recently relegated side who could put out much better players. Their manager sees things differently, their manager going out and telling everyone that he’d need to stop Allsopp to get a win.

While both sides get off to good early starts, Telford is the first to get a real good chance when Dennis, Moses-Garvey, and Ndumbu-Nsungu spring a counterattack only stopped in the last moments by an excellent Accrington save. On the following play we nearly get scored upon after a deep lob goes straight towards Daniel Powell, the Accrington striker, only to have Thackeray rush out and snap up the ball. Just one minute after Telford continued to build on its offensive moves with an excellent play led by Nurse and Allsopp which resulted in Ndumbu-Nsungu out in the open behind the Accrington defense - the goalie missed and Telford was up 1-0. Dennis doubled this score a little more than ten minutes later, resulting off a corner and Kamdjo’s initial blocked shot. Dennis would leave the game soon thereafter with an undisclosed injury. Accrington nearly cut the lead to one at the end of the first half as they found the net empty, but the resulting shot hit the post to the delight of Telford faithful. In the second half Moses-Garvey got two glorious chances early in, the keeper stopping one and the post stopping the second near perfect shot from outside the box. Dempster adds to the lead, having come on for the injured Dennis, making it 3-0 in the 81st minute. His goal would be the last notable play of a fairly good Telford win. While Allsopp didn’t find himself a goal he did add two assists for what was judged as a good game for the striker. With 2,751 spectators viewing the rout on fan day it is expected we’ll get boosted attendance for the next while.

Altrincham v. AFC Telford

In the days before my match with Altrincham some new developments are brought to my attention. First my attempt to sign Josh Magennis, a prominent young Northern Ireland striker is foiled by Blackpool who offer a much better deal - £850 a week. Blackpool lets me make a transfer bid for him but by now he is unwilling to sign with us. Furthermore Steve Quinn’s work permit was denied, I’m appealing but it is unlikely the St. Kitt’s and Nevis defender will be brought into the Telford scheme permanently.

Despite these problems we went into the Altrincham with team morale at an all time high as the problems with Hawksworthy and Bangura had subsided with our good run of form on the pitch. We certainly showed that we were going to do so as Allsopp netted his fifth goal of the season from a slick Dennis pass inside the box. We kept pressure up for the rest of the half getting numerous good chances from Allsopp and others including a goal by Moses-Garvey’s low blast in the 33rd minute to make it 2-0 for the Telford side. He almost adds another six minutes later. Late in the half Altrincham has two good chances to make it close but squanders both in short order. Nurse smashes his own first goal of the season ten minutes after the start of the second half, courtesy of Moses-Garvey only a few seconds after a throw-in. Altrincham fans start leaving shortly thereafter only to miss a Joe O’Cearuill own goal that makes it 3-1 with more than twenty minutes left. Allsopp attempts to restore the three goal lead with an excellent curling shot only a few seconds later but is narrowly denied and which we’d thoroughly want to have as Altrincham eventually makes it a one goal game in the 88th minute. Telford manages to hold on for the narrow victory over Altrincham.

AFC Telford v. Rushden & Diamonds

As the week drags on media connects me to the Seattle Sounders job thats been rumored for months to be opening up soon. I will naturally reject any eventual offers just like the did the Fulham job. Nothing much else occurs besides more scouting.

Rushden I’ve played twice and we’ve split the two meetings 0-2 and 3-0. A few changeups in the lineup - Golobart and Bangura starting; Owen and Kamdjo subbing.

While the first half has good chances for both sides noone scores despite a gluttony of corners and shots. Both sides make several important mistakes, especially when it comes to keeping the ball in play. The second half starts much the same way until Moses-Garvey threads a magnificent pass to a charging Dennis who ends up alone and with a goal to his credit. Rushden almost tie with an excellent individual effort by striker Nabil Sharef until he punts it wide and hide. On the ensuing play Nurse’s free kick from fifty yards out is headed by Dennis and when the keeper just can’t stop it Telford goes up 2-0. Though they still had ample time to contest the result further that goal really broke the spirit of the Rushden players and the rest of the match played out without much fuss.

Notes and Injury Table

• Alhassan Bangura returned to the lineup after his red card suspension against Rushden. Together he played a good game despite getting a knock midway through the opening half recording a number of tackles and more importantly a lot less fouls.
  • Several players are getting into very good form such as Aaron Moses-Garvey (1g, 2a in 5 apps), Kristian Dennis (3g, 2a in 6 apps), and Chris Nurse (1g, 3a in 5(1) apps)
  • Owen, Moses-Garvey, and Bangura are all being called up for international matches during the first week of September. They will probably not miss any league games due to a rescheduling.
  • Román Golobart has been named to the Blue Square Premier Team of the Week. Good too the lad as he’s had excellent form lately (7.16).
  • Current injuries are still to Martel Powell just getting back to training after breaking his shoulder. Lee Vaughn is less than two weeks away and Newton will not be until near the end of September still. Andrew Hawksworthy is also hurt this time in training suffering a bruised rib he’ll be out close to two weeks as of the 1st of September.

[/center]

[center]
Midfielder Chris Nurse gets a goal en route to a 3-2 AFC Telford victory over Altrincham

Blue Square Premier League Table

*As of September 1st 2011

[/center]

Ouch, looks like you’d want that loss against Crawley back.

[center]
Fans invade the pitch after Telford upsets York City in the 2010 FA Cup 1st Round

September 2011 - Part 1

Telford fans enter September happy knowing that their team sits fifth in the league. In the locker room morale is high and form is as sharp as its ever been. Furthermore some of our players are high up on the stat lists - Allsopp shares the lead for goals, and Moses-Garvey and Nurse are tied for third in assists. Bangura and Zadkovich are also some of the best passers in the league.

Gateshead v. AFC Telford

I’ll be out several important players for this game. Owen, Moses-Garvey, and Bangura are away on international matches. With Hawksworthy out for now Zadkovich has moved back to the right full back position giving Rory Carson a start this match and Powell back from the shoulder injury will start in Moses-Garvey’s usual position. We’ve only met Gateshead twice before and it is also a split series. The media is now pegging us as favorites but it is up to the players to make sure we come out of this with a win.

The game heats up early as Dennis gets another goal to his credit after a prolonged possession and cross by Ndumbu-Nsungu, giving Telford the lead only 1:28 into the game. Things remained back and forth for the next while until Gateshead leveled the score with a placed shot made just outside the box. Both groups then spent the next half hour until Thackeray punted the ball all the way into the opposing box. Allsopp nearly caught it initially but the Gateshead tender punted the ball straight into the Telford striker who gobbled it up for his sixth goal of the season. As the minutes tick down Telford gets into fouling too much resulting in the near ejection of Nurse and then a red card to Dennis for persistent fouling. With only ten on the field now we attempt to turtle down and grind out the win, which they do giving Telford a well deserved victory.

Histon v. AFC Telford

Besides some unsuccessful transfer negotiations nothing much happens between the Gateshead and Histon matches, though this time off gives most players time to refresh themselves.

Allsopp convinces us we’ve gone ahead early in, but it is another goal ruled offside and the teams remain level until the the 33rd minute when Histon fans erupted in applause for the header that put them up. It would take awhile but Telford fans were finally awarded when Allsopp passed straight through the six-yard box to an open Moses-Garvey to even up the score in the 73rd minute. The next proceeding minutes are not a joy to behind as Histon proceeds to score three consecutive goals in less than twenty minutes.

[/center]

Iron Man’s the only way to play!

My Watford game saw my star loan youngster Tom Cleverley get crocked after 3 weeks. My scouts now keep recommending we get him on loan… he’s out for the season.

CSL - interesting that you’re playing the media game. I find it’s almost never worth it; perhaps just like real life, it’s a pit of vipers and you’re damned lucky to not piss anyone off.

I signed Jozy Altidore for 12 million pounds, and he’s currently lighting up the Premiership for Middlesbrough with 11 goals in 18 games. Real Madrid have made two enquiries about him, but I scared them off with an 80 million price tag :).

[center]
Telford and Southport argue after a disputed foul during the August 28th match

September 2011 - Part 2

AFC Telford v. Mansfield Town

Our next foe is Mansfield, last year they pretty much toasted us taking both games we played without much trouble. For the first time this year I’ll be going in with a fully healthy first-team as the injury table has cleared up sooner than we thought it would.

Mansfield take the lead early after the referee gives them a penalty kick. Telford fans don’t have to wait long for the game to be tied as during 28th minute Dempster was able to set up a Moses-Garvey goal. Thackeray nearly commits an epic mistake, coming out of the box during the thirty-fifth minute only to head the ball straight to the opposition winger - his shot ultimately went well wide. Telford continued to get the majority of the chances through the first half, including a nearly perfect crossing play into a Moses-Garvey header that was very nearly in. This continued into the second half as Allsopp had two early attempts at goal, both of which went just wide. The rest of the half gives chances to both sides but no more goals could be found. Telford fans could be forgiven for making the case that a lack of finishing cost them two points today.

Weston-super-Mare v. AFC Telford

When Telford goes on the road to Weston-super-Mare it will mark the first time the two sides have met. Telford comes into this match an odds on favorite.

The game starts very ignominiously when the supposed minnows strike after just five minutes, coming off a corner kick. Much of the resulting fourty minutes is spent in a dreary form of football I’m not fond of with little attacking from either side until Martel Powell, in for Moses-Garvey, passes the ball through the defense and right to Danny Allsopp. With a burst of speed he runs into the box and places a ball right through the legs of the keeper. After that the game settles back into its dreary pace until Weston gets a second goal off a corner in the 67th minute. After coming on as a substitute Moses-Garvey very nearly ties it with a smashing shot from the edge of the box. We’d get a few more chances before the end, including a very close header by Golobart from inside the box

AFC Telford v. Cheltenham

Coming off the loss to Weston-super-Mare I’m finding some issues in my lineup. While Allsopp and some others are still in top form we are going to need to sub out Ndumbu-Nsungu as he’s not having a good time out there lately. Ross Dempster will take his role for the next little while. Thankfully both Lee Vaughn and Sean Newton are back in the starting line up after several weeks off due to injury. With a full squad we should hopefully be able to bounce back to our previous form as we’ve been slowly sliding down the league table these last few games.

Very early on we start to put pressure on Cheltenham, getting numerous chances before the fourth minute including one very close Golobart shot. Allsopp is barely denied another goal shortly thereafter. Though we continue to keep pressure on Cheltenham it is only in the 40th minute that we go up by a single goal - after Moses-Garvey unleashes a low blast from just outside the box that is well out of the reach of the tender - a well deserved lead that we take into half-time. Allsopp and others very nearly extend the lead early into the next half after a counterattack down the pitch fools the goalie but not the cross bar. Telford only gets the insurance it wants in the 58th minute after Dempster, striding down the left gets a wonderful cross into the box. Allsopp heads it in for the 2-0 lead at New Bucks Head. Shortly after we take our best striker off the field, replacing him with Ndumbu-Nsungu. Only minutes after coming onto the field he helps in supplying a third for the Telford faithful assembled for the home game by involving himself in a rapid passing play that ends up getting to Moses-Garvey and from him to the back of the net. We’d get one or two more good chances but that would be it from a strong Telford showing. Fans leave happy after a 3-0 victory.

Notes and Injury Table

• No injuries for the Telford squad after the Cheltenham match.
  • The Cheltenham victory was another fan day at New Bucks Head.
  • AFC Telford have moved back up to fourth place in the league.
  • Danny Allsopp is now tied for the league lead in goals at eight.

[/center]

[center]
Aaron Moses-Garvey shoots his second goal past Cheltenham keeper Scott Brown

September 2011 - Part 3

AFC Telford v. Braintree

Our next match is against Braintree, a side that isn’t having the best form with five straight losses to their credit. Braintree manager Robbie Garvey went so far as to suggest to the media that his players wouldn’t stand a chance without shutting down Moses-Garvey. In other news we’ve reached a deal with free agent Alex Cisak, a fairly promising goalkeeper from Australia that I’ve been monitoring since the summer. He’ll need awhile to get into shape before we can get him into the lineup though. Thackeray hasn’t done too bad of a job but he was only meant as a stopover candidate before we could sign a player of Cisak’s capabilities.

Though Braintree are on a bad run of form I can’t count them out going into this match as last year they had a distinct advantage over us in the season series. We are reminded of this fact throughout the early portions of the game as through twenty Braintree has a distinct advantage in both shots and winning tackles. Still Braintree is also reminded about my offense at the end of the 24th minute when Vaughn comes a hairs breath away from an thirty yard goal. Despite a very busy offensive gambit late in the half we remain tied going into the break. Coming back our side became luggish and in particular Kamdjo became complacent, allowing Braintree to steal a goal in the 67th minute. In an inspired bit of play the Telford side struck back almost immediately as Allsopp got yet another goal after cutting around the Braintree backline. Dempster’s goal, scored four minutes later was unfortunately cancelled out - ruled offsides by the officials. Nurse is also denied his free kick attempt from thirty-five yards, this time by the post. The Braintree defense was only cracked a second time in the 89th minute when Ndumbu-Nsungu receives the ball off a cracking good series of lop passes from Allsopp and then Dempster. The sprinting Congolese forward was left unmarked and slipped in, scoring a one-on-one goal in the process and snapping his over 500 minute goal drought. It would be enough for a close victory in front of a delighted home crowd.

*As of October 1st 2011

The Braintree result winds down my September schedule. We went 3-1-2 this month, a lowering of form against that of August but good enough to move several spots up in the league table to third position. October may point to harder times though as we’ve had an injury to Moses-Garvey. He strained his thigh during the Braintree match and will be out until the middle of the month meaning Powell will need to take over his duties.

[/center]

Thanks to this thread, I now know that there is an actual town and football club named Braintree. Thanks, CSL!

[center]
Román Golobart heads another ball away during the September Cheltenham match

October 2011 - Part 1

Stevenage v. AFC Telford

Coming into this match it should be noted that we’ve significantly upgraded our lineup by acquiring Angolan striker Yulu from League 1 side Huddersfield. So far me and Stevenage have been nothing but even as last year we drew both games. They’ve been showing good form this year and are very much in the race for a promotion spot and without Moses-Garvey this should be a toss up in every way. The media peg me at 4-1 odds though.

Stevenage very nearly opens up the scoring less than two minutes when a long cross is headed just wide but beyond Thackeray. Relentless on the attack the team clad in white picks apart our defense multiple times only to be foiled either by Thackeray or the vagaries of fortune. In the first quarter hour we were outshot 6-0. Following the twentieth minute the tide began to change for Telford, having weathered the Stevenage storm. Though we get one or two chances throughout the rest of the half we got into the break level at nil-nil. To help jumpstart our forwards I bring on Yulu right after halftime, bringing off Dempster who had been having an unimpressive match. His entrance sparked the offense and for the next while we pummeled the Stevenage zone including a very close header by Yulu that just missed. The goal we need comes just after in the most bizarre fashion after Likita our left back lops a ball forward and somehow into the net - but it is disallowed due to offsides. The second in as many games, apparently it was viewed as a pass. Our momentum is all but ruined in that moment and though we fend off some further Stevenage attempts at net we never get our drive back and have to settle with a boring draw.

AFC Telford v. Northwich

Working our way to this match we are busy signing two new players - Reece Brown and Peter Stewart, both talented young central defenders. Likewise to free up some space on the reserve team we get two of our less talented players out of the club by loaning them out. Anyways we’ve played Northwich twice before when Telford was in Blue Square North, though we split the meetings. Some of my players are away on international duty this week and that’s really put a dent in my midfield such that Zadkovich is moving back to center midfield from his now standard role of right full back. While Northwich won promotion last year they are finding moving up to be far harder than they had thought and they are only a few points above a relegation position.

Yulu proved his worth early in this game, grabbing the ball from Newton and buzzing into the box to put it past the keeper. Zadkovich nearly adds another from fourty yards out in the ninth minute, but it goes just wide. Fans at New Bucks Head would instead have to wait until the 17th minute for their next goal brought by Allsopp who once again darts past the waiting defenders on a well played passed by Nurse. Yulu is pulled down in the Northwich box just into the 36th minute and it is called a penalty. Newton is sent up to take the shot and puts it well past the keeper making it a healthy three goal lead. Just before the half Allsopp very nearly grabs another one. We mostly play down the clock during the second half and while Northwich does get some chances they aren’t very good and those that get close are easily deflected by Cisak who makes his first start and gets his first cleansheet. Almost importantly we kicked our rivals asses!

Hayes & Yeading v. AFC Telford

Two meetings between us, and two wins for us last year. Considering our form and the fact that Hayes & Yeading is sitting in 21st position at the time of the match I should be considered the favorite coming into this match. Before the match is set to begin we are informed of the draw for the FA Cup Fourth Round Qualifying. Telford will play the Solihull Moors and this will be the second time we face them in FA Cup matches having defeated them in the 1st Round of the 2009-2010 competition.

Telford get off to a slow start, perhaps jitters from playing on the road, but they get over them by the 26th minute when Zadkovich scores. The result of an excellent assisting feed by Martel Powell. About five minutes later the lead is doubled by Lee Vaughn of all people, a nifty short pass by Allsopp to the defender who came up. To add insult to injury the very next play Allsopp added to his goal total yet again, twisting pass the man sent to shadow him and sending it screaming into the net. Fast forward to the 44th minute when Dennis added a fourth goal, this time the result of a sensational individual effort to jink past the man harrying him. Two minutes later Allsopp just couldn’t resist after Powell placed another perfect pass into the box and made it 5-0 at the end of the first half. We start off strong in the next half but much of the magic has already left our boots though we still get a handful of good chances such that by the 80th minute what few fans had come were starting to leave the game. The rest of the game played out without much fuss, but was already over before halftime. The only problem worth mentioning is an injury to Ndumbu-Nsungu, a twisted knee that will keep him out for upwards of a month.

Notes and Injury Table

• Aaron Moses-Garvey will be back from his injury for our next match versus Barrow. Though his replacement Powell is doing excellent it will still be good to see our second best player back in the lineup.
  • Allsopp is now second in the league with 12 goals. Alhassan Bangura leads the league in passing completion. Powell had a four assist game and now leads the team with five.
  • Remaining injuries are to Ndumbu-Nsungu only.
  • I’ve had the board get me a feeder team, Alsager, and I’ve started sending some of my weaker depth players down to that team to get some experience.
  • We are now at the top of the league table at 9-3-3.

[/center]

You got me to reinstall FM 2010. One of the best sports and role playing games ever. Grabbed a skin and a logo pack, and I’ll be starting a new manager career.

I typically start unemployed, try to get a lower league offer in the English lower leagues, then see how far up the football world I can climb as a manager, over the course of a career.

Excellent AAR!

I want to know if Bangura leads the league in bookings, or if he really cleaned up after the fine.

[center]
Ross Dempster puts a shot on net during one of this years matches

October 2011 - Part 2

AFC Telford v. Barrow

We’ve met Barrow three times previously, sharing a season series and beating them in last years FA Cup competition. This years series should have far different results though.

Barrow opened the scoring during the 21st minute, the result of a good passing play to a streaking Pook. Barrow increases its lead a little over twenty minutes later, sealing a good lead they would take into the second half. We only had one or two good chances in the second, a fairly quiet night by Telford standards and one I’d like to put behind me.

Solihull Moors v. AFC Telford - FA Cup Fourth Qualifying Round

Kristian Dennis is injured during training following the Barrow match and he’ll be out until November probably. This will be the fourth time we’ve played the Moors and I’ve never lost, including one previous FA Cup meeting that we won handily.

Yulu would help Telford get a narrow lead in the first half, crossing in the ball from the byline directly to Danny Allsopp who put it away. Dempster would add a second before the half ended. Solihull would be unable to respond offensively and attempting to do so physically ended with a red card in the 78th minute. Our men couldn’t really make any more forward drives back that point, but they wouldn’t need them as we easily won after that point.

[/center]