Tell us what pictures you have taken recently (that are interesting)

Wow, thanks Alan and Jeremy. I have aspirations of improving my photography skills and this thread and the tips really help.

Man, great pics. I really envy your nighttime shots, going to try and learn to incorporate those techniques. It’s so cool seeing those places again, such beautiful locations.

Did you rake the horseback ride Alan, or just take pictures of them? That particular ride, which has a cookout included, has some really great shots of the valley. Saw several pronghorns run by us while we were riding, and had a black bear mom go by with cubs a little later.

These are pictures from my last hike. Hoping to get in another hike before winter sets.

The colors are astonishing in the first, second, and last shots, the sky in the first two and the lake in the latter. Incredible.

These make me cry about living in a city.

Damn, that first one is simply stunning.

— Alan

Alan, Alistair, and Dave, thanks. And Dave, regarding our previous discussion, in the first picture, it looks nice and sunny. Shortly later it was a sky filled with lightning. Weather can sure change in a hurry!

If any of y’all ever get the chance to hike into Titcomb Basin, take it. August and September are the best months, but expect snow at all times.

Okay time for a bit more at Yellowstone (this may look familiar)…

West Thumb Geyser Basin:

— Alan

The 3rd picture is especially nice, Alan. Glad you were there pre-smoke. I have never to this day gotten a decent picture of Yellowstone. Weather always turns to crap when I go, or it’s totally smoke-filled.

Old Faithful and Old Faithful Inn:

— Alan

Uhh yeah if I went now, it’d be a bit of a mess, though at least there isn’t much around the Yellowstone area, there’s a ton of fires in Idaho and Montana (not to mention Washington and California). There were some fires in Glacier, but not the ones that affected it majorly (those happened right after I left).

Next time I’m in the area we should get together!

— Alan

Annual Airshow in Bournemouth. Some shots from yesterday.

Ships

Red Arrows Wave

Red Arrows Roll

Red Arrows Close Up

Finally a Pigeon getting in on the action
Red Arrows Pigeon

Haha, that pigeon cracks me up.

Heard a Hawker Hunter crashed at an airshow at Shoreham this morning, which I gather is not the same airshow.

— Alan

Nope just down the road, 7 dead but pilot alive. The Vulcan cancelled at Shoreham today so we git a fly by instead.

What? Did the pilot bail? I saw some footage but didn’t see a chute or anything.

This is the danger of having airshows over roads and populated areas though–in the US you can’t do stuff over roadways and crowd areas anymore. You can flyby but no real maneuvers or stress turns unless you’re over water, a long runway, or something along those lines. (That being said accidents into crowds still happen, but the Hunter crashed in the middle of a busy freeway coming out of a loop).

— Alan

Apparently the pilot was pulled from the wreckage…

Finally, Midway Geyser Basin (featuring the Grand Prismatic Spring):

— Alan

Still working on stuff from Glacier National Park. It’s a bit slow-going as I’ve been distracted with other stuff. Did this one panoramic of Lower Two Medicine Lake, which is far on the eastern edge of the park and near East Glacier:

— Alan

Alan, you’ve had a true summer of beauty! Isn’t that one of the areas that got a little burned?