Tell us what pictures you have taken recently (that are interesting)

I was there a few weeks before the first major fire started (there was a smaller one on the far northwestern side of the park when I got there). In fact in one of the turnouts I used I’m pretty sure was pretty close to a location that was burned through or actually where I suspect may have accidentally started (because the pullout is pretty suspiciously close to where the fire started, from the waterline uphill to the north). Not saying it was intentional, but when people are around…

— Alan

Those are gorgeous, Adam.

-xtien

Hey Hal, I’m really late to this party, but I was wondering if you had a full-res/full size version of this that I can set as my desktop background? It’s absolutely stunning.

Welcome to the club :) You’re particularly fortunate in that you travel. Every new destination represents a raft of never before seen birds!

I look forward to more of your pictures, especially as most of your local birds will be new to me.

Of course, and I’m honored that you like my travels.

Let me know if this link works: http://orig04.deviantart.net/8201/f/2015/230/5/2/titcomb_basin_from_fremont_peak_by_halcyon1990-d96826r.jpg

Holy smokes that picture is awesome on a 2-monitor setup. Spreads all out. Fabulous. Thanks for asking Triggercut & Hal9000 - thank you for that picture!

It does! I also had to use a 2 monitor setup to get it to display in native resolution, but as Tman said, holy crap is it awesome.

Thanks to you for sharing your work!

Oh, and I wanted to put this in a separate post and not the last one, but thanks to all the folks sharing their work in this thread. You all are ridiculously talented in ways that I can’t even fathom. I don’t comment much here, but I’m fascinated by photographs and composition and everything that goes into them, and when I see this thread bumped with new photos, I always get a little anticipatory adrenaline shot, knowing I’m about to see something pretty awesome.

I agree with Triggercut! This thread always makes my day! Alan’s photos cause me a lost of wistful moments, though. ;)

TC, Tman, and KK thank you very much! I’m surprised and honored. That panorama was 21 separate shots. There was a little bit of smoke and a little bit of humidity, so I took a chance and clicked the ol’ shutter button. Honestly, though, it’s not due to my own talent. The Wind River Range is simply the most stunning range I’ve ever hiked.

How can I get it large images to stretch across 2 monitors on Windows 7? Sorry for that noob question. I’ve seen pictures on this thread that I’d like to do that with!

Krayzkrok, those are awesome photos.

The only native way to get multi display spanning on Win 7 is to choose to TILE the wallpaper picture in settings. That’s not exactly a great fit all the time.

Otherwise, you need a utility that lets you span displays properly. Here’s one: MultiWall - Wallpaper Tool for Multiple Monitor Desktops

Of course, you can alternatively dive right into your free Windows 10 upgrade, et voila, integrated display spanning.

Bless you, mono! Grace, grace to it! I downloaded the program, as my Windows 7 is fantastic, and so far my other machine with Windows 10 is less fantastic. :D

This has revolutionized my life!

Ha! Well, glad I could point you in the right direction. :) It’s a great little app.

krazykrok, that picture of Esther still amazes me. I often see wild animals when I’m out on hikes, but I only take a light, cheap lens with me because, well, every ounce matters. Then I see the wild variety of animals you have, and I realize I see like…5 different types, and I don’t mind as much.

That curlew is cute, BTW.

Never did post my Alaska pics, will have to do that.

Joshua Tree with extra sensor dust!

Full set:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/kadath/albums/72157659115893276

Rainbow Basin:

Full set:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/kadath/albums/72157659188302975

Wow, you really confused me there for a second!
Seemed like you were implying that those pics were taken in Alaska & I couldn’t believe that its THAT bloody dry up there in the north.

(Hey, I’m a foreigner & all I know is that Joshua Tree is a U2 Album and Rainbow Basin doesn’t ring any bells)

I’m always hesitant to post here because there are so many photographers here who have eclipsed my level of talent… But I took these last night.

Eclipse HDR composite by DennyA, on Flickr

LunarEclipse 2015-09-27 by DennyA, on Flickr

Wow, that first one is really amazing. It really articulates the idea of a sphere coming out from behind a shadow, if that makes any sense. Fine, fine work.

Nice pics!

Kadath, is that one that looks like a skull famous? It should be. Looks like a super villains lair.