Tell us what pictures you have taken recently (that are interesting)

Nothing from me for a while, few here taken today

Sandbanks Sunset

Old Harry from Brownsea
Brownsea Castle

As every year, here are pics from our yard haunt. Despite bad weather, we managed to draw 240 trick or treaters, which is pretty good. Had the weather been nicer, we probably would have easily topped 300 or 350.

Wow, that is impressive! Where the heck do you store everything?

Heh; we have a two car garage. Garages aren’t made for cars, right? They’re really just little warehouses that come with your house, right?

That is AWESOME! Hahaha. I saw a sign planted in one of the yards in my neighborhood that just said, “Step foot here and you’re dead.” Wasn’t sure if that was in the Halloween spirit or not. : D

Looks great as usual, my kids would love it.

A few taken yesterday walking back from taking the kids to school in the rain.

Reflections-00735

Black and White 2-00712

Berries 2-00662

Reemul, that last picture makes me feel sad and cold. Very atmospheric.

Fantastic shot on Reflections.

Thanks a lot, couple more from today where it’s again wet and rainy.

White Flower

Fungus

Do you have any theft problems? Seems like creeps would be more than happy to take/break your awesome stuff.

I received this email to my flickr account. Quite chuffed really, we love Moors Valley country park and visit very regularly. http://www.moors-valley.co.uk/

Hi Iain,

I really love your image of the path through the trees taken here at Moors Valley. I hope you will please excuse this cheeky request but we are looking for an image to use on a greetings card for Moors Valley gift vouchers and would love to use the image if you wouldn’t mind?
We would of course be happy to credit the image in your name and supply you with some copies for yourself.

Kind regards,
Katie Davies

That is really cool, Reemul.

-xtien

We’ve been steadily befriending neighborhood kids for the past few years, and we live in a nice neighborhood. Put the two together, and we’ve been pretty lucky. The younger ones have now grown up with our yard, so hopefully they’re keeping any jerk friends they may have at bay. When tearing down this year, for example, a bunch of kids ran over because they’d been hanging out with us as we put the yard together. So, we got free child labor with the cleanup, which was nice.

We also chain all of the figures (which are not light to begin with) to a couple of things in the yard that won’t move, so they can’t be taken, and we put up a token fence around the whole thing. While it’s literally just some lightweight painted PVC poles and slim chain (essentially bike chain), we think it largely has a similar effect on people that putting wire up to stop cows has.

My wife stays paranoid throughout the month, but I’m always more optimistic, and we’ve not had troubles. I like to believe that even assholes stop for a moment and appreciate our yard, because it’s fun and cool.

Reemul, that is awesome! It must be pretty cool to be appreciated like that!

Reemul that is an excellent story!

That’s very cool indeed! Could you repost that particular picture?

Sure it is this one.

Moors Valley

Thanks! Lovely picture, great colours!

74, still rockin’:

“I love it when women scream my name, it makes me feel like I’m 70 again.” - Neil Diamond