Tell us what pictures you have taken recently (that are interesting)

That looks like such a nice, crisp, free time of year. I love the outdoors so stinking much.

Flooding in the Snoqualmie Valley in Washington. My commute is going to suck tomorrow; the vertical pic is the route half the people in town take, so there’s only one way out now.

Duvall Flood 11/15/15 by DennyA, on Flickr

Pretty impressive shots. Did you fire up the jet pack to get these pics?

Tomorrow might be a good day to work from home!

Denny is one of those guys with those sucky annoying drone thingees :)

— Alan

I always felt a bit too intimidated to post here due to the fantastic pictures people put up, but hey. I got really lucky with a sunset a few weeks ago.

0506 by spunior, on Flickr

(Same motif, slightly different perspective and a bit more panoramic.)

Wow! Didn’t know you could get sunsets like that in Germany!

Great shot and colours

Yeah, JD, we need a jaw-drop icon. Perfect subject and lighting. Truly stunning.

Back in October I’d wanted to do one last long hike, but I didn’t have enough time. Instead, I took a friend and we did a 20-mile day hike. It was nice to see this area in late fall, and the temperatures were great, mid-40s. Met a couple of gals from Fort Collins who were also out for one last foray.

In previous years I’ve gone snowshoeing up into the mountains during the winter, but since I slightly jacked up my knee this summer, that’s not going to be happening. Guess these will be my last pics for a while! Interesting factoid: I hiked the Snowy Range up to 12,000 feet on November 16th last year and never had to use snowshoes. All the lakes were frozen well enough that I was able to save time by going across them.

Big Sandy Lake and Temple Peak.

Haystack Mountain and Clear Lake

We have been having some amazingly warm weather, it’s been warmer at night than it would normally be in the day in December.

This was taken on Xmas Eve at our beach hut.

Sun Down 3 (1 of 1)

Back in North Texas for the holidays and the weather has been exceptionally warm; 70s all week, though that will be ending today with a massive system coming in tonight.

Admittedly haven’t been doing too much of photography, or maybe a bit just haven’t done a lot of processing. A few recent goods:

— Alan

That appears to be the most relaxed bison (buffalo? furry cow?) ever! Nice shots as always, Alan.

A few pics from a recent trip to the Salton Sea, which really does look like something out of Fallout.

This is great. Where was it taken?

Looks like Estes, but anywhere in the Rockies of Colorado or Wyoming.

Gordon, I saw your pics as I was scrolling, but not your comment, and I started singing “Anything Goes” in my head. :D

It’s actually Idaho–Craters of the Moon National Monument & Preserve.

— Alan

Some recents:

— Alan

Oooh wee do I like that very last picture, Alan. I feel like I have to post that because I’m somewhat guilty about how biased I am against your super vibrant blue sky photos.

It’s freakin’ cold in Michigan right now, which makes this the perfect time for an ice sculpture festival! Here’s all the pictures I took this afternoon, while freezing my fingers off. A few of my favorites:

Ice Yoda wins, of course!

The Grand Budapest Hotel was the most intricate sculpture that I saw.

I think this is a wishing well. The pennies frozen in the bottom is a nice touch.

The 20-year-anniversary sculpture in front of the Van Andel Arena.