Tell us what pictures you have taken recently (that are interesting)

It looks like one of those strips you put on your nose to clean your pores.

NP. The traffic on St. Lucia can get bad, which is actually kind of nice, as the locals tend to be very nice about letting you cut in, which is the exact opposite of most places I’m used to. Also, the roundabouts there are so angled as to be impossible to screw up. I had no issues at all, and it felt entirely normal after only a few minutes.

St. Lucia definitely seems to have the mix you might want. The volcanic activity is small and mostly just mudpots, like a mini-version of Yellowstone. And as @ineffablebob said, remember to keep your body closest to the oncoming traffic. But you’ll likely be behind people all the time, so just following works well.

Ha! Thanks man! It was a VERY great night, about 0F but no breeze and it was awesome to cuddle up inside and watch some downloaded Netflix before falling asleep. :)

@krayzkrok, I love that monitor picture. I’ve always wanted to see a big monitor in real life, even though that wretched Rescuers (?) cartoon made them seem evil!

My wife and I honeymooned in Ireland a few years ago. It was a lot less troublesome than I thought it would be—we started in Dublin, both on motorways and narrow city streets, and it didn’t present any problems as long as I was paying attention. I did find that I couldn’t even glance away from the road, though, especially on motorways. When driving on the right, I automatically try to keep my viewpoint on the left side of the lane, and I found that happening in Ireland, too, if I was even a little distracted. Here, it just means I’m in the lane; there, it means I’m drifting into the lane to my left.

The strangest part is that I have to remind myself, whenever I’m remembering driving in Ireland, that I was in fact driving on the left. When I call a memory to mind, my brain says, “You were driving, so you were on the left side of the car driving on the right side of the road.”

Talk about being in the hot seat!

A meter long!?! That’s like…at least twice as long as the biggest lizard that I’ve ever seen! Our lizards here tend to be quite small, maybe 3-4 inches long mostly. I just saw a massive iguana in Martinique and was shocked at how fast it ran and climbed, too!

Anyway, yeah, lizards are the cat’s pajamas! I remember hiking in the Bighorn Mountains this summer and listening to your podcast with Tom. It was truly fascinating! Keep the cool pics coming.

I don’t post much in here but I just wanted to say I appreciate the great pictures you guys share here.

Japan is very pretty
Exhibit 2 - Great Buddha at Kōtoku-in Temple in Kamakura, constructed in 1252.

Weather looks pretty dang pleasant, too. Makes me miss living in an area with lots of trees.

Rocket lift-off on New Year’s Eve. Yay.

Excellent! Bonus points for using the champagne bottle as a launching device!

Noice!

Got my first prime lens (50mm 1.8) and I’m loving it already. I didn’t find a tremendous amount of interesting things to shoot in the snow, but I got this little guy.

And I also tried to shoot Orion, even though it’s a little cloudy and it’s practically daylight out there with this moon. I don’t know much of anything about astrophotography at this point, but here’s an unedited version.

And here’s one that I tried to darken…

On the next actual clear, dark night I’ll give it another go. Hopefully it won’t be with -15f wind chills.

Been a while since I posted in this thread. You guys continue to astonish! Sooooo many great shots! I’m still experimenting with stuff, I love making new mistakes. Some of you know I’m a Kickstarter “super backer”, I will fund stuff that looks interesting from awesome folks I want to see succeed, regardless of if I will ever use it myself. One that WAS of personal interest was the Foldio system, which I finally just got in. These might be boring in a ‘general photography’ way (sorry!) but it’s fascinating to me to try to recreate some of the looks I see in catalogs.

In other words:

but this is fun! Testing out on some new Benchmade, Kershaw and Buck pocket knives I have been testing out.

18-FoldioKnives-2412
by Sam Posten III, on Flickr

The results aren’t bad for not knowing wtf I’m doing =)
[URL=‘https://flic.kr/p/JiFZ5K’]

18-FoldioKnives-2364[/URL] by Sam Posten III, on Flickr

[URL=‘https://flic.kr/p/23cG1Jw’]

18-FoldioKnives-2399[/URL] by Sam Posten III, on Flickr

18-FoldioKnives-2397

18-FoldioKnives-2366

18-FoldioKnives-2396

18-FoldioKnives-2382

18-FoldioKnives-2370

18-FoldioKnives-2402

18-FoldioKnives-2355

18-FoldioKnives-2386

18-FoldioKnives-2378

DUST IS THE ENGMY!!! Also note that my 24-70 is out of alignment, so if the left edge is blurry, that is why. It’s going back to Nikon soon.

Those are nice looking knife shots. I am interested in what you use to set up the lightbox. My wife might be getting back into selling things online which mean I get to become official catalogue photographer.

@Kadath, that is awesome and VERY useful to me. I love your pictures and am going to buy one of these for the rocks and gems that I mine and process. I think it will really make them stand out.

Oops, @Kadath, I forgot to attach some examples of the sort of stuff I like to mine and polish. Do you think that Foldio would work well with these sorts of things? Should I get the small one or the bigger one?

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/25550078_1518116631616831_1747221167778767008_n.jpg?oh=639bb23f6575f30517ad7e55f11b7bae&oe=5AB8A408

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/25508163_1518116561616838_6029677483552021432_n.jpg?oh=aea993a4099d9e28f56517e23cce0632&oe=5ABC618F

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/25626102_1518116464950181_1481860156019475741_o.jpg?oh=b1d17fe7398e7e549829fda2d746855b&oe=5AFA2768

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/24993563_1518116434950184_8064176514603790261_n.jpg?oh=8ae389ae748138d77c7686db70860fb1&oe=5AB8A1AC

It really was nothing more than unboxing the kit they sent, turning on the lights, attaching the halo bars and playing around. I tried all 3 included screens: Black, white and mirror. I had to futz to remove dust but other than that it was super easy

I actually backed the Foldio 2 and never got around to unboxing it. That might be better suited to your needs, not sure!

I am constantly amazed by the things people get up to. There are what, like a thousand people on Antarctica at any given time? What are the chances one of them would be on this board?!?

Fine pictures, @krayzkrok! I look forward to the inevitable crocodile-eating-your-souvenir-penguin photo.