Tell us what pictures you have taken recently (that are interesting)

Oh man, that sounds amazing and those photos are incredible.

That’s no mountain by the way: it’s the penguin’s shadow.

dear lord.
that’s about as constructive as I can be.

Awesome pics. I really like the two pics of the blue-eyed shag landing. It’s like you had two cameras set up for identical pictures. The wings are in identical formations.

The head on shot “Gentoo the movie” is great!

@krayzkrok, those are awesome. Definitely would love to see more if you want to share!

Wow! All of those are amazing!
What kind of gear are you using?

Those are really wonderful pictures.

Wow wow wow at that tern in front of the iceberg and angry seas pic.

My girlfriend asked what you were there for? I’m presuming work, if so what’s your job? Spectacular images. That iceberg under low cloud and the iceberg with what looks like a cave are very atmospheric.

Oh, so that’s how you got the photos. Cheater ;)

Really I’m super jealous, that looks like a wonderful experience. Why that location though? When you said Antarctica, I figured you’d be somewhere closer, like just off Tasmania in Terre Adelie, not all the way over on the peninsula by Chile.

But I don’t really know about travel there, so there’s probably a reason.

With my kids nearly grown and out (one is nearly 21, the other 18) my wife and I are eager to move to the next phase of our life traveling-wise – spending for two what we’d normally spend for four to go on trips. We’re also a bit older than our more adventurous younger traveling days and now appreciate the value of having a group to travel with and take care of annoying things like where to stay, where to eat a bit more (though with some flexibility, of course). In addition, we’re more interested in seeing how people live, different crafts, etc. than in the past when it was about seeing as many castles, mountains, etc. as possible. So, with more money and a desire to experience more culture as well as learn about the history we’ve started to look into higher-end travel like National Geographic Expeditions. It sounds great, but any first-hand experience is greatly appreciated.

That sounds wonderful! I had no idea about those expeditions either. I never got to go traveling but it’s something I’d still like to do. Like @BigWeather, I’d appreciate the experts and guides dealing with all the minutiae of the trips, as well as a group to travel with. I’ll definitely be looking into these.

DADGUM that “Antarctic tern in front of an iceberg in stormy waters” was amazing.

(krayzkrok isn’t real and lives in a parallel universe where cool nature books are written)

What an awesome picture! Who is this Smaug?

I’m well jel!

As if!

That’s remarkable and what a great name!

Dear Lord. I think he wouldn’t fit in our appartment.

-xtien

Apologies to everyone, I’ve been away from QT3 for a bit (mostly due to laziness and a lot of other stuff going on), but circling back.

— Alan

Beautiful pictures, and welcome back!

Thanks! We were in Yellowstone all of last week. I have a lot more :)

— Alan