Tell us what pictures you have taken recently (that are interesting)

Great stuff Alan, welcome back!

The one I have pictured was not them–this one is in the Grizzly and Wolf Center in West Yellowstone (outside of the park) and they’re not wild but born in captivity.

We did see wolves, however, on the last day of our trip in the park, after our winter wolf discovery tour was already over (in which we saw everything except wolves). After talking to a couple of people, including the senior park biologist (who was also the lead park biologist who helped re-introduce wolves to the park), we decided to hedge all of our bets on one spot and sure enough they showed up. Not just one. 16.

— Alan

All those photos, guys. I am arguably easily moved, but wow.

Gosh, I love popping in here and looking at the photos once in a while. Such great pictures. Nice job!

— Alan

So basically that’s the top of this waterfall:

It’s shot at 11mm which with a standard wide-angle but at 11mm it does get a little distorted, even after lens corrections.

— Alan

Where is this if I may ask? I have been to Kings Canyon “park” (which is the size of Switzerland). Edit nevermind looks like its Yellowstone according to comments here?.

In that second post with the night shots and the waterfall, that’s all Yosemite.

— Alan

Cheers! Great shots!

Autumn leaves at the Tofuku-ji buddhist temple, Kyoto, Japan, November 2017. I love the kimonos these young ladies were wearing, they look so elegant.

Torii gate at Miyajima Island, Near Hiroshima, Japan, November 2017. The gate separates the profane ground from the sacred land of the Shinto shrine on the island.

The Golden Temple in Kyoto, Japan, November 2017.

Kenrokuen gardens, Kanazawa, Japan.

!

Panorama of Lake Ashi, Japan

Those are great, @Simonout! I particularly like the gate one with the boat.

Oh man, beautiful pictures! And yes, those kimonos look so elegant!

Nice shot! I was there three years ago.

Great pics Alan, Simon and Theodo… er Krok

Thanks Ineffablebob, geggis, Miramon and Kadath! Japan is very photogenic, and I was fortunate that the Autumn leaves were insane when I visited. I really want to go back, it’s a wonderful country to visit.

Alan, your photos are magnificent!

Crazy week; GDC, then flew back and headed to St. Louis for the annual Transworld Halloween convention. Always have a good time there.

A few pics from the show in my album below. The show is huge; I just take a couple shots of the things that catch my eye. You may have seen the video of the large spider-y Pennywise animatronic dangling the armless kid online in the last couple of days. That was from the show; in real life, the figure was about eight or nine feet tall. It was awesome.

https://flickr.com/photos/39003441@N02/sets/72157694184950584

The Pitons, St. Lucia.

Taken on my phone just now. Amazing sight.

WHOOT WHOOT!!! Congrats, my man! Hope Yello and Paula and all are well. :) It is currently 18F and snowing where I am.

The Berlin Wall.

ATOMIC BLONDE