Tell us what pictures you have taken recently (that are interesting)

Summer’s coming! Hope everyone who likes backpacking gets some great backpacking in. :)

I went to see the seals beached on Sandy Hook a few weeks ago. They were too far out to get good pics (and the heat coming off the water was creating huuuuge distortion) but the birding went well!

Merganser emerges from water, brant in background:

18-SandyHook-D500-7795
by Sam Posten III, on Flickr

Merganser drip:

18-SandyHook-D500-7803

Nesting ospreys with human trash in nest:

18-SandyHook-D500-7987

Brants and a seagull with clams:

18-SandyHook-D500-7871

Seagulls dropping clams from 30’ in the air to crack them open on rocks:

18-SandyHook-D500-7856

— Alan

Where is that Alan?

Especially that stairway.

Pfeiffer Beach, McWay Falls, SF, Mount Diablo and Sutro Baths, respectively.

— Alan

Just… amazing. The first one is absolutely terrifying. I can’t help but notice the ever present partner: the hardballed crocodile eyesucking fly!

Here is some of the Japanese suburb I always loved, and that has been sadly going steadily extinct over the past 20 years, that I captured today.

Sadly, I don’t have the adequate camera to capture the lovely way the sun plays with the shadows — nor would I probably know how to do it, if I owned one!

My girlfriend and I… would like to see that. I love macro and she loves insects and them doing their thing.

Beautiful pics though all. @Left_Empty that neighbourhood looks lovely. I’ve never visited Japan but those kinds of streets when I’ve seen them in films always have this kind of quiet charm to them.

I confess, I cheated: this is what is called the Golden Week (a period of 4 continuous days of vacations, which corresponds to our Summer vacations, converted to Japan’s insane time compression because of the slave blackhole they use to power their underaged girl bands), and roughly 90% of the Tokyo population is gone. No way that street’d be this quiet any other time of the year!

I have no education: if nobody bothers that fly (who would hunt a fly sitting on a croc?!), does that make that fly an apex predator? :O
I’d really love to see the documentary!

I love little places like that. Nice pic. :)

Having accidentally eaten both a fly and an ant at various times in my young life, I can easily say that I can never see a point where I might have accidentally eaten a croc. Apex predators can accidentally eat something. Not the bugs though. I have never seen the phrase, a mosquito accidentally ate a cow.

That is, obviously, not a mosquito. Fail!

Them!!! I loved that movie so much as a kid.

HELP!!

I’ve recently returned from a trip with about 3000 SLR fotos & 1500 fotos from my phone. Going through them I’ve noticed that I forgot to update the clock on the SLR to the local timezone, so now my pics are asynchronos. ie The SLR pics are 10hrs earlier than the mobile pics when sorted via the created tab.

Does anyone know of a way to resync them via some sort of software automation, or do I need to manually go into EVERY SINGLE FOTO and adjust the timestamp via some metadata editor?

(eg I’m hoping for some small batch program that would read out existing timestamp & just add 10hr to it and save it again)

awesome!
thaaaanks!

EDIT:
…and I stumbled across this site that explains that lightroom has the ability too! Nice, that makes it easier.

Dawn at Cherokee Lake in the Boundary Waters Conservation Area (BWCA). It was tough on my 49 yr old body to get there, but well worth the effort! It was an awesome 5 day trip.

Nice! I’ve been telling myself for years to get back to the Boundary Waters. Amazing how clean the air was. The mosquitoes, though. Dear god.

My grandparents lived on the Turtle Flambeau Flowage when I was growing up. They called them the state birds.

I have a bunch of momento bites, but the bugs were not terrible. I only had to wear the mosquito mask once. Then again, I was in my tent by 8:30p every night.

We’ve been evaluating some DSLRs for our documentary project and I gave the Sony Alpha A7R III a go the previous weekend in Mendocino County.

— Alan

Your composition and photography skills improve with every photo you’ve posted Alan, those are some awesome photos. That swirl in the surf above the sunset, the birds above the lighthouse. Awesome stuff.

Just curious, how do you approach color? Do you use grey cards and adjust everything in post?