Tell us what pictures you have taken recently (that are interesting)

Gorgeous pics, and dogs!

I agree with geggis. Beautiful pics. Excellent focus with narrow depth of field and great lighting. What kind of camera, @krayzkrok?

Are those McNabs?

— Alan

Wooo, I really like that Panoramic shot!

These aren’t taken with a good camera, or a good photographer,but I figured I’d share some…

From 1st observation deck of Eiffel Tower:

A hike above Grenoble…

The Douro Valley in Portugal is quite spectacular:

Oh wait sorry not McNab, meant to say Kelpie.

— Alan

@robc04 and @Jorn_Weines, nice pics…makes me long for more vacation time!

Oh yeah no problem. That’s nice though, would be interesting–working dogs that can be mellow would be right up my alley :)

— Alan

Anybody doubting our ancestors started depicting dragons after meeting Smaug’s kindred should be directed to this thread.

I suggest a new strategy, R-2. Let the wookie win.

I love seeing these Smaug pics. Incredible creatures.

If he looked like that at me I would not only give him the chicken, I would also lay an egg for dessert. :)

How well can they see directly in front of them? And what’s that dollop of slime below his left eye?

A crocodile tear.

In the next two posts, I’ll share some pictures from the past 6 weeks. A couple of hikes and a 2-week trip to various Fijian islands. Fiji is the nicest place I’ve ever been to in terms of the people living there. Also dirt cheap. We rafted, went to the island that Tom Hanks was cast away on, did some fishin’, and much more. Just great people. Very few Americans, but the Aussies and Kiwis were also a delight. Also got to stay at Perry Mason’s old place, which I found pretty cool. I am getting pretty good at travelling for cheap!

Exploring Fiji:

After getting back from the South Pacific, it’s been time to get into hiking more. The mosquitoes in the Rockies are terrible this year, too, plus it’s hotter than last year, I think. Anyway, the photos below are from a couple of trips to the Cloud Peak Wilderness. Long drive to get there.

And lastly, going back to my old stomping grounds. I no longer have a place there, but my friend Yue still lives there! Fun!

I was thinking about going back to Bali but looking at the flight times now I am thinking Fiji (half the freaking flight time). Will have to wait at least a year because of other vacations but man, that’s some amazing vistas.

I love that picture of the night sky!

@Gendal, I have not been to Bali, so I’m jealous! But the issue of flight time is big, as I don’t get as much vacation time as I’d like. I haven’t been to the Maldives or Seychelles for the same reason. The direct flight to Nadi on Fiji Airways is incredibly convenient in comparison. Take off, finish dinner, fall asleep, and you wake up to breakfast and landing. Very easy on the leave and on the body.

@robc04, thank you. I liked seeing new stars and enjoying the ridiculously nice weather!