Tell us what pictures you have taken recently (that are interesting)

Maybe:

Thanks!

Honestly that doesn’t look too attractive but it sounds amazing. Would probably be my favorite as well. Will have to keep an eye out for them because I would have otherwise instantly passed it up.

I’m all about the taste :-)

Sorry for the late reply, have been too busy with work to post! That’s an incredible write-up. This sounds more up my alley, especially with the telescopes! My natural aversions to throngs of people could probably be put in check for that!

Also, dadgum…a G3 can do that? Wow!

From last week’s 56-mile trek. Next week I’m spending 5 days in Saint Louis and surrounding area, so should be rather different. Still hoping to encourage more people to explore Wyoming! Most of these photos were taken on my Note 8.

Gannett Peak in background:

Passing through basins, moraines, and glaciers:

Paintbrushes and other flowers:

Torrey Creek:

The color of glaciers:

Interesting geo- and hydrology:

No need convince me! It’s just far from where I was, and where I am. But I definitely enjoyed my time there.

I need to post my recent hikes. Did 20 mile day hike at Mt Hood that was gorgeous, and did 10 in the Columbia River region today. Tomorrow is Tillamook State Park. So ive got photos, when i can be bothered to get them off my phone ;)

Those are gorgeous! I love Wyoming… and Montana, and Colorado, and Mount Ranier.

I went to Colorado and Wyoming when I was 12 and it immediately made me fall in love with mountains for the rest of my life.

@CraigM, you’ve got to share those. I follow a girl named “HikeOregon” on youtube and am always curious to see how different the geography is there. Very lush and beautiful. A 20-miler at Hood sounds pretty intense and fun! I’m jealous.

@robc04, pretty much the same for me! Grew up (rather feral) in Montana! All of my extended family is from Atlanta, so we were the black sheep, to the point that I wouldn’t recognize my aunts if I ran into them at the grocery store. Ha! They find the wild parts of the West to be scary. :P

Like Craig was saying, though, the trips to go backpacking in Wy are so far from where I am. Flying to MT, renting a car, and hiking there would actually be faster for me in some cases.

I’ve been having a bit of fun this past week with my new lens: the Nikkor DC 135mm F/2.

And a self-portrait with the nifty fifty:

For those, aside from basic exposure adjustments, the editing is pretty much limited to bumping up the clarity a bit and tweaking the color saturation. Otherwise, it’s just the lens shot wide open with the defocus control.

Wolf Spider? Or maybe a spotted orb weaver?

18-DeckSpider-5641 by Sam Posten III, on Flickr

Araneus gemmoides? Type of orb-weaver for sure. I like them. Go get all those nasty, flying bugs!

Maybe? The abdomen was round, didn’t have those big spikes in it!

Overall I was pretty meh on the fireworks pictures I took this 4th of July, but this one reminded me of a cosmic skull. It kinda blows my mind and makes me smile!

18-4thOfJuly-5521 by Sam Posten III, on Flickr

Edit: Holy Flickr Squish, what happened to my Rectangle???

LOL! I didn’t even read your comment, but I was wondering if you were posting some weird EDM skull from Vegas or something.

So I still really like that DC 135mm f/2. I should probably find some people to photograph as that’s really what it was intended to do. But I’m having fun, at any rate.

Aside from cropping the third slightly, the only editing done to these was to apply the VSCO Lightroom preset for Agfa Vista 100 stock.

I’m not sure if this qualifies as interesting, but I picked up this, uh, dainty little thing off of eBay as I dip my toes back into film and give the medium format a try. Here’s the Mamiya RB67 pictured next to my Fuji X100s for scale. As big as it is (and it is really big), it’s surprisingly not as heavy as I would have thought–especially considering it’s pretty much all metal and solid as a tank. And god damn is that view finder big, bright, and beautiful.

I’m looking forward to getting out and shooting a few rolls this weekend–hopefully I don’t ruin too many in the process. Took me a fair bit just to figure out how to get the shutter to fire off as it has about six levels of safety measures to prevent accidental exposure.

I got my first roll of film back from the lab today, and I was pleasantly surprised a couple actually turned out okay. I was totally expecting to write it off entirely as a learning experience as it was my first time shooting on a film camera–not to mention one with no built-in metering.