Tell us what pictures you have taken recently (that are interesting)

I spent Saturday evening pedal-kayaking around Bremerton with some friends, and it was an absolutely incredible experience. Couldn’t have asked for better weather.

That is a nifty photo. That plant border motif appears in many old windows, and it appears in the stained glass in my church also, which were made in the 1960s.

Great dingo shot! This is our dingo :)

— Alan

Our general assumption is that she’s a full red heeler, but haven’t done a DNA test to be sure what the mix is.

— Alan

Great dingo shot! This is our dingo :)

— Alan
[/quote]

That dog looks straight out of Fury Road.

@Alan_Dunkin, that would be a blast. Traveling from CO to the WY mountains is very time consuming, but I think totally worth it. Would be a blast to go on some adventures together. Wish I still had a crash pad in Jackson!

@Bernie_Dy, @geggis, @krayzkrok, thanks. The AT is pretty cool, but I’ve only hiked a tiny sliver of it. Too many trails, not enough time…and once you go off-trail, well, it’s impossible to do 'em all!

Ok, that’s terrifying. These things can like…gallop? Nightmare fuel!

Out of curiosity

A) how long can they keep that pace
B) how long will they be interested in doing so?

Because that’s a bit speedier than I anticipated for a croc.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

GAHHHHH!

I heard an odd sound and just thought my wife was watching Youtube videos when I heard her exclaim, there’s a coyote on our neighbours lawn. I grabbed my camera and had look. There’s lots of coyote sightings around here but this was actually a fox.

Thanks. It’s autumn here and it’s a about the peak of colour change.

You know English had no word for orange until the fruit turned up? Before that you were just yellow-red.

Did I read that in this very thread in fact? Possibly - there’s lots of cool stuff on QT3 :)

I got my latest batch of rolls back from the lab and this was a quick standout. The grain is a bit thicker than I would prefer because I was shooting on ISO 3200 film, but I’ll take the trade-off because it allows me to shoot handheld with a dark red filter while still stopping down a fair amount.

Got two more rolls of color film back from the lab today. Still have a few B&W ones banked for when I finally decide to give developing at home a shot. Too bad the weather’s been mostly crummy here on the weekends lately.

All shot on my Mamiya RB67 with a 75mm lens. #1, #3, and #4 are on Kodak Portra 400, and #2 was on Kodak Ektar 100.

Man, that tree picture is gorgeous. I’m gonna miss the trees when I move to a Arizona.

outstanding pics. Wonderful!

I appreciate the compliments! I was quite happy at how those turned out.

So I did a decently hard hike today, 8.5 miles, where I gain 2100 feet of elevation in the first mile and a half. Extended periods of 50% grade.

But it’s worth it. One of my favorite hikes because it’s very rewarding to get to the top

Once I crossed 2800 feet there was pretty consistently snow coverage. And one of those pictures is of the last hundred feet or so to the summit.

Yes, that is the actual trail. It’s not like that for all of the initial scramble, but it’s not unrepresentative either, as there are multiple bursts of 60-70% grade

I love the Tillamook state forest.

You’re moving to Arizona?

Plenty of trees and forests there FYI :)

— Alan

Sure, and the ones up by Sonoma are plenty cool.

They are nothing like the Montana and Wyoming ones he’s used to though. But each are cool in their own way.