Tell us what’s happened to you recently (that’s interesting) Part Deux

Oops, Google led me to this:

https://www.stoacademy.com/tools/stardate.php

Did not realize it was only for Star Trek Online.

Here’s the corrected date per http://www.hillschmidt.de/gbr/sternenzeit.htm

I just had a skybox moment. I even explained it to the wife. Earlier the clouds were moving in various directions depending, of course, upon the height of same. Lower ones were going west. The higher ones were coming south.

Then we had a short storm.

Now the clouds are motionless. I explained to her that the devs had gone home early for the weekend. We both watched the clouds and they did not move.

Slackers.

Congrats! You’ll do fine. A bit of excitement with a dose of terrifying!

FWIW you could look into coop ownership structures. One of my problems with capitalism could be ameliorated if every business was equally owned by its employees. Plus the coop bakery near my parents is f’in delicious.

I looked into that, but my prospective coowners do not or can not sign themselves into fixed contracts for years to come. So as much as I would love to be a true coop, it looks like I will be the legal owner of all the stuff.

I gotta go, will post more of this. I find i need feedback on this. Should i start a seperate thread?

Congrats man! Sounds exciting and I am sure you will do great.

Also, now that you are the man, please stop keeping me down.
“Boss makes a dollar, I make a dime,
that’s why I poop on company time.”

Perhaps we should look at that Corona thread as well then, as thats just gone past 14k right now…

(just had a look around. Guess the Trump thread with 29k is appropriately the most bigly bestest thread we got!)

Ah, the good old days…

Yeah, but I’m not going into P&R to look around! Please make a followup thread like this one, link it in the end of the previous thread, then report your post asking for the old thread to be closed.

When we start out, I will make zip. Butkus. Except when I’m shovelling dirt myself. Only when we are rolling, and the coffers are fulled to a healthy measure, will I ask the guys if it’s ok if I take a dime out of their dollar for doing the books and taking the financial and judicial risks.

You are a good guy, and that attitude going in is why you’ll be successful in the long run. Every single one of the most successful small businesses I know have owners that feel as you do, and as a result they end up with loyal, experienced employees who care about the company and lots of repeat customers who know they’re getting a good product and great service, and are willing to pay a bit more to get it.

As someone who deals with vendors all the time for work, most of them small businesses, and who works for a mid-sized business myself, I appreciate the value of companies run the way it sounds like you plan to run yours. Best of luck to you @schurem!

Best of Luck

Last Wednesday, I final achieved my long time goal of being an Uncle! Sadly, with Covid-19, and of course the parents exhaustion, I probably won’t see the baby for several months.

But it’s one more thing off my list of goals. She is super cute.

Wait till you get to hold her. Holding a fresh baby is… well first time I did it, it hit me like a hit of a bong.

That’s so gross.

Dude. Really?

I get that. If you’re not used to it, “Holy shit: BABY” packs a wallop.

That ain’t gross, their tar like poop the first week though?

That is gross.

And then once they transition to solid foods? my god the stench.

Be honest. Are you a baby smell addict? How many babies have you snorted today?

Curious as to how much you contributed to the completion of that goal. ;-)

Congrats!