Tell us what you have cooked lately (that's interesting)

I think you typed that backwards, because that’s gross.

Here, runny scrambled eggs as in the fairly moist style exemplified in Gordon Ramsey’s famous video that is really annoying to try to link to in mobile.

The very low heat method for scrambled. I’ve seen the video:

Honestly though, I like Jamie Oliver’s presentation better, covering multiple styles:

That’s the one exactly! I’m actually really sad it’s usually not feasible to make Ramsay’s style for myself more often, but when you’re throwing together eggs, bacon, pancakes, and hash browns, blowing 10m carefully stirring the eggs into their most perfect form just isn’t feasible. . .

. . . so I overcook the gf’s, then fry myself a couple of over-hard eggs in the same pan when they’re done. The upside to such overcooked eggs is that it doesn’t really matter if I get distracted stacking strips of bacon to elevate already-cooked portions while pressing still-flabby sections into the hot fat beneath. . .

God, french scrambled eggs are so disgusting.

JIIIHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD

fuckdiscourse

I pan cook bacon. Line a baking half sheet with aluminum foil, place the bacon in straight lines within it. Place in a cold oven and turn temp to 350 F. At 20 minutes, check them, and go for additional 5 minute increments until they are to the crispiness level you want. If you’re really bored you can flip them at around 20 minutes. Yank them out and put them on paper plates with paper towels on them. Enjoy your perfectly cooked, perfectly flat bacon. Some people take the extra step of putting a rack on top of the baking sheet so that the bacon fat drips off and onto the sheet below. If you do that, be wary of watching the time you cook the bacon, as it will crisp much faster.

Bonus: Get a small container and pour off the nearly perfectly clear grease, then store it in the fridge for those tiny fat additions to other dishes for some bacon-y flavor. Rarely does it even need to be strained.

Not to turn this into the ArmandoPenblade Power Hour, but. . .

I do the same (rack method) for my own bacon, which I prefer straight and uniformly crispy. The girlfriend prefers sauteed bacon with little chewy bits and darker bits all throughout. So I usually wind up splitting the 1lb of bacon between oven and stovetop and do both, because I love her, but I sure as shit don’t have a big enough pan to cook a pound of bacon in one go :)

I do usually have to strain the resultant fat through the old plastic mesh filter from a defunct coffee machine to rinse out the little bits of solid stuff that always somehow come along for the ride, even with the rack method. Maybe it’s just the brands of bacon I can buy, though.

I like my bacon a little chewy so I can understand that. I noticed I have the same deal with different brands. Smithfield seems to leave little bits in it, Wright does not. I use thick cut because she likes it (insert joke here.)

Oven cooking bacon is really the only way to do it. My parents run a B&B, and do that to get large quantities of bacon out the door quickly, I gather it’s standard procedure for restaurants (at least, those without a large griddle).

When I feel particularly daring, I just fry some chewy bread (baguette, etc) direct in the bacon grease. Now that’s breakfast.

Frying works well for back bacon, but I only really eat that in a bacon and egg sarnie. Oven/broiler cooking is the way to go for American style bacon (streaky over here). On a rack over foil, 5 minutes one side, flip and another two to four minutes on the other, depending on crispiness preference.

I’ve been thinking about buying a pork belly at Costco and putting it on the smoker…

Tonight!

Japchae (sweet potato starch noodles stir fried with mixed vegetables and marinated shiitake mushrooms in a rich sesame-soy-sweet sauce, garnished with sliced egg omelet) with Kimchi Pancakes on the side (chopped kimchi and onions mixed into a simple flour batter and toasted over a little oil in a pan).

For a vegetarian meal, this was pretty damned filling! The japchae seems a little greasy to me, mostly because each of the veggies/noodles/mushrooms are sauteed separately, and then each is tossed in a little sesame oil and soy sauce, then they’re all tossed together with yet more sauce. Not sure what the proper balance is, but I’m reasonably confident I could cut the sesame oil in half throughout and be just fine. And my gall bladder would probably appreciate it!

You need to start a food truck

Yeah but then I can’t fuck around on Qt3 nearly as easily.

What’s the down side?

runs away, laughing maniacally

Looks great, though, seriously.

Gentlemen, behold, the baking steel griddle melting dome!

I am trying your recipe out tonight Eric, this should be good :)

I’m trying the Scarpariello tonight, and it’s now in the oven finishing off. Thus far, this looks good. My house smells good.

And it is done!

Holy shit this is good.

Looks dynamite.