Tell us what you have cooked lately (that's interesting)

Corned beef is a prime use for a pressure cooker too, if you have one. Will usually cut the total time down to around an hour.

I do have one, and now you are both making me think of trying this. I’m leaving for a mini vacation on Wednesday so I’ll have to wait until I’m back.

Well if you want to go the other way you can take a look at this recipe I have been meaning to try.

They come with.

I really love corned beef, but the boiled method always left me wanting.

A few years ago, my wife tried a Rachel Ray dry bake version with mustard & brown sugar and we’re never going back. Seriously, this puts Corned Beef in an entirely new league.

I’m not a big fan of Rachel Ray but that looks great.

Tthat does look great.

I want to go to there.

@Skipper Loved your story earlier about the mac n cheese slowly turning into a Whole Damn Thing. I have absolutely been there before. Glad it turned out well!

Yeah, it was a case of me feeling lazy, then getting in the kitchen and losing track of the time just being in there. It happens a lot. And usually just like that, too. I take a look at what I have thawed or fresh, what I have in the cabinets and go from there.

The same process happens a lot on the second or third day of a leftover. Anything to make it seem better than it actually is.

Armando it reminded me of days when I prep some veggies for something, then I get caught up doing that and suddenly have 3-4 freezer baggies of prepped veggies to put in the freezer. I have way too much shit in the freezer already, so then I shuffle around to see where I can get them in there, then decide I need to take something out to thaw and put it in the fridge, then I repeat the whole process a day or two later.

I can neither confirm nor deny that that sounds extremely familiar.

Sorry Skipper, was at work all day. Yeah like someone else said, the spices come with it. It’s a little packet with a bunch of whole pickling spices and such in there. The boiled version is the only way I’ve ever had it made at home, and honestly I’d never even though to try another method. Seems kinda obvious now! I abhor Rachel Ray but maybe I’ll begrudgingly check that out haha

Well to be fair, I’m attributing this to her, but it’s not her recipe, it’s another contributor who is on the Rachel Ray website, so I say try it with abandon!

She’s just. She’s just so, CHEERFUL. UGH. I can’t take it! And every time she says “EVOO” I want to jump off a bridge.

I can’t say I’ve seen more than 20 minutes of Rachel Ray total, and God, yeah, super perky, but tbh if she’s getting people to cook hands-on with real ingredients and less trepidation, eh, more power to her.

I was given one of her cookbooks a few years ago, and it’s reasonably solid, if conventional. I was kind of expecting every recipe to call for “2 T Kraft® Ranch Dressing” or “4 oz Bac’n Bits” but the only brand reference I spotted was for a Montreal steak seasoning. Very “casual dining,” though, which isn’t really my taste.

One of my favorite things is the Oxford Comma joke about her:

It’s a fake. But it always makes me laugh.

I’m not crazy about her cooking, but she has helped a couple of my recipes. Most notably my shrimp scampi. She had a pretty good quick recipe for it where she used pre-cooked mini shrimps. I ditched the idea of using the pre-cooked little dudes and always used fresh, med-to-large (36/40). But her tips on that dish made it a family favorite for many years.

-xtien

Put me in the group that hates her. Her accent/voice annoys me. I guess we should explore, who DOES like Rachel Ray?

Why waste time talking about RR when there are so many more legitimate things to mock Guy Fieri for?

Hell, speaking of fake but funny… How about this totally real menu from Guy’s NY restaurant?

I hate him. I watch his fucking shows. I can’t stop. Please send help.

“THIS IS OFF THE HOOK!! I’M RIDING THE BUS TO FLAVORTOWN!!!”

That ‘Fieri’ menu made me think of Black Angus.