Tell us what you have cooked lately (that's interesting)

That looks and sounds glorious. I may have to give this a shot, sometime.

Decided to make some potstickers.

It’s funny, cause every time I do it, for the first few they turn out all diddly wumpus, until I remember how to pleat​ them. These are the later ones.

I made pork belly over the weekend. This was the second time I’d made it, so I didn’t post pictures. But tonight, my wife took some and sautéed it up with some tamari and ginger teriyaki sauce for sandwiches, topped with broccoli slaw. I thought it looked awfully pretty, so here you go:

Oh my God I want that sandwich

Wow that’s an impressive looking sandwich. Pork belly you say.

A pair of gorgeous posts from @Misguided and @Timex. I don’t even like pot stickers and I wanna eat those things, Timex, and man, Misguided, that sandwich is surely the product of the gods!

It is to this veritable feast that I must bring my final contribution from Greek Week:

Some of that halal cart chicken on top of turmeric-and-cumin infused basmati, drizzled with a tangy-sweet-peppery white sauce and some Sriracha. . . plus some hummus with sumac. . . and a big ol slice of spanakopita, stuffed full of spinach, herbs, feta, and ricotta :-D

These words don’t make any sense

Yes, smoked for 16ish hours.

@ArmandoPenblade it’s times like this I wish I didn’t eat low carb. Spanakopita looks bee-yoo-tee-ful

It’s mostly a texture thing. The lump of meat and veg mince in the center of most recipes that sort of awkwardly steams into a greasy, soft log of mush is deeply unappealing to some core part of my brain, however much I might like the crispy-stretchy interplay of the two sides of the wonton wrapper.

I loved pot stickers in college. I ate them out, boiled, baked and fried them. I don’t care for them now. I do like similar filling though, love spring and egg rolls and shrimp purses, stuffed crisp won-tons but not pot stickers or gyoza.

Did some eye of round sous vide italian spice style with steamed broccoli and those excellent sous vide broasted potatoes. Nothing too fancy, just a good all american type of dinner.

I think the flash on my phone must have lightened the color of the steak as it is a bit more red than that in reality. Anyways, once again, very tender for a traditionally tougher cut of meat.

I’d hit it.

But that’s the point of sous vide, you don’t have to.

Tonight!

My gf turns 30 and gets her pick of menu: my infamous 7-Cheese Bacon Mac n Cheese, Parmesan-Crusted Chicken, and a Spinach-Walnut-Goat-Cheese-Green-Apple Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette, plus fancier wine than we’d normally buy (I’ve already forgotten what it is, but it’s something red and atrocious. But I hate wine).

Eggplant Parmesan and spinach and ricotta stuffed shells.

Looks to me like Qt3 is eatin’ well tonight, folks. Beautifully done, @CraigM and @rshetts :-D

I wish my gf liked steak so bad. . .

Ok, you guys made me buy a damn toaster oven, because someone pointed out the breville one, and then I saw they made a model which also functions as an air fryer and a dehydrator.

I had wanted an air fryer for a while, but had always refused since it was a one trick pony, and I didn’t want to dedicate the space to it. But this can do a bunch of things, so I broke down and got it. It fits in my kitchen though without me needing to give up much room on counter space I actually use. The space is now pretty maxed though. So no more kitchen stuff.

So the thing came, and I decided to try out the air fryer. The thing is good at this, based on this first test with tater tots.

The machine is quite solid in terms of build quality. It’s not small though. This is perhaps good, as it can cook larger stuff, but I’m not sure I’d really use it for large things. Then again, my actual oven is pretty small, so it can definitely help supplement my oven, and it’s convection stuff might make it better for some things.

Ok, yes, that looks delicious, but I call foul: that is not macaroni in your macaroni and cheese!

I think probably the biggest advantage the Breville Smart Oven has over a traditional oven (aside from model-to-model variance) is that you set it to cook for a time, and after that time, it turns off. I mean, I dunno, maybe fancier ovens do that but the one in my apartment definitely just has a timer, not auto-shutoff. Also, in the summer I have to imagine it heats the overall space less.

Ya, that’s definitely an advantage. It can even do different temperature stages, like a certain time at one temp, then change to a different temp.

It’s a very nice appliance, so the recommendation was solid. My old dehydrator broke a while back, so this will be nice for making jerky.

Man, we just got one of the regular smart ovens. I thought about getting the air, but it was twice the cost and we decided to just got the regular one.