Tell us what you have cooked lately (that's interesting)

Way ahead of you, Señor.

Now I need to make extra. Not a problem.

There’s just something about it-- all it is, is cheddar, mayo, and red peppers. But it’s goddamn delicious. They form a zeitgeist greater than the sum of their parts.

It’s like when I make cole slaw. Mayo and sour cream. It just works.

I do have a hand-operated OXO jar opener (which didn’t work on this thing, a little too small) but that looks promising. Wishlisted. Thanks!

Yeah, you lose me at 2/3 of those ingredients. I abhor mayo, it’s one of about 4 things I can not eat. I’ll try damn near anything, but as soon as mayo is a primary ingredient, I’m out.

Pimentos are… not enjoyable. Sweet peppers of any stripe really. Hot peppers, however, I love.

So, use hot peppers instead of pimentos. And instead of mayo, use sour cream or unflavored yogurt, or salad dressing (this is actually what I use). It doesn’t have t be mayo, you just need something as a binder.

Heck, the way I do it, with cream cheese as a base, you could eliminate that part altogether, though it will be so thick you can set bricks with it,

Actually the primary ingredient is cheddar cheese. I’m not joking at all here. Freshly grated, even better. If you aren’t a mayo person (even homemade?) then you can sub in softened cream cheese or even plain greek yogurt. I’ve done both before.

The pimentos do two things, which you can certainly sub in. Color, but also they add just a touch of tartness. They are usually jarred or canned in citric acid or vinegar. So when you put some in, you get a little bit of that tartness and, for pimentos at least, a touch of a sweet pepper flavor. I like jalapeno flavor instead, I think the heat works a little better.

Either way you are offsetting the primary taste of all cheese with something to offset it just a touch and to balance it out a little.

A pimento cheese sandwich on fresh white bread is the standard comfort food of Southern yore, though I’m not sure if it is just due to its history at the Masters Tournament.

And the real deal is:
Cheddar cheese
Monterrey jack cheese
Mayonnaise
Cream cheese
Pimentos
Onions (just a little)
Salt
Black pepper
Garlic powder
Cayenne pepper

Couple of lower tech solutions that work well:

http://www.brixdesign.com/388/jarkey-jar-opener

So I decided to make a whole baked cauliflower. Looked at a few recipes and changed things up. Some call for boiling or steaming the cauliflower before baking. One showed baking with water in the dish. I decided to put it on a layer of onions and covering it with heavy aluminum foil. I figured that the onions would give up their moisture, and flavor, as the head steamed. Then I made a marinade of olive oil, turmeric, onion and garlic powder, fresh ground nutmeg and a touch of cloves. Of course salt and fresh ground pepper.

So foil on top for 40 minutes in convection at 375. Then uncovered at 500 straight broil until it browned.

And?5

And? Look at it. It came to life and has taken over our minds. We are one with the… NO STOP! I AM A FREE BEING! qpwrouhgfgfbv

I mean, it looks great, but how did it come out texture-wise etc?

I won’t lie: that looks horrifying. But is it tasty horrifying?

Tender and tasty. I’m thinking that the burnt onions are the really tasty part. YMMV.

Nyt has a recipe for whole cauliflower with romesco. I made it a few times, to bring as an app to various family functions.

You can skip the boiling part and it works great.

I am thinking of moving. Do any of you guys need a roommate?

How have I never had romesco with anything. That sounds delicious.

Also, this Chrome extension is the bomb.
849 votes and 43 comments so far on Reddit

I don’t know how you’ve missed it, but it was a staple of my weight loss plan. I’m going to make some tomorrow to go with roasted brussel sprouts, because it’s too good

It sounds flavorful as hell.

I know we’ve discussed air fryers and such and the Breville smart oven came up. Just a heads up but the Breville smart oven Air is on sale at Amazon for $319 This is close to the lowest price its ever been and it usually runs between $350-$399 Ths price will probably be gone by tomorrow so if youre interested here it is: https://www.amazon.com/Breville-BOV900BSS-Smart-Oven-Silver/dp/B01N5UPTZS