Tell us what you have cooked lately (that's interesting)

Count me in.

LOL

Okay I fixed it. I rush through and typo fix AFTER I post here so many times.

Food Trunk makes me think of car camping. I need to go camping.

Going this weekend, and preparing the menu now, actually.

Foil pack dinners are the way to go.

It’s hit 90s here already, I’ve missed the spring window. Unless I go somewhere in the mountains here or out of state I don’t see me getting out until late summer / early fall.

Take some camp food pics!

And how could they not be. That looks simply amazing.

This hurt me.

You’ll need to take that up with Japan, not me. Gyudon IS delicious though!

I’m using new planters, potting mix and fertilizer this year. It’s not even June yet and things are growing REALLY fast.

The first pepper of the season (picked) this one is a banana pepper.

And of course, it’s always a good thing to have too much thyme on your hands. Three varieties along with some lavender in the middle. The lavender type, platinum blonde, isn’t really one used in cooking, but as my girlfriend said (it’s pretty, smells good and is a nice accent in that pot.)

Sorry if I pepper this thread with pics of gardening for the kitchen.

As a renter who is terrified of the wasp colonies on and under his tiny balcony, I am envious of your fresh herbs :)

Wasp spray man! Or some herbs in a windowsill. I have more Thai basil again this year, along with a lot of other new stuff I’ve not cooked as much with. I think 8 different herbs, three types of tomatoes, three pepper varieties, and two types of lettuce. Armando, I live in a townhome. These are literally all in containers that would work on a porch. Plus, you don’t really have to go out there that often if you get the right container. Something with small wells of water in the bottom help with having to do watering as often. And if it’s near the door you’re out, pick, back in, then cook with whatever you have.

Example of new stuff I don’t know what to do with: What do I use marjoram for? It smelled nice.

Pretty textbook definition of a phobia here, though. It’s genuinely absurd how scared I am of wasps/hornets/etc. And the other issue is that it’s not just my balcony; we’re in a 12-unit condo building, and just about everyone else’s balconies/porches are swarmed with 'em, too. Knock em down from my porch and they just fly over from the next one :(

And the rest of our windows are either painted or sealed shut. Since I’ve got nasty allergies and am terrified of the bugs, we never bothered figuring out which to try to get 'em open :)

It’s a series of self-made issues, I know, and listening to you talk about that stuff sure makes it tempting. . . but I think I will stick to the farmer’s market :-D

There is nothing wrong with that at all!. Do you have room for a planter, even a small one beside the front door? You can also grow several of these inside with strong lighting. Or a grow light, which if I ever clean our my garage is going to overtake at LEAST one corner of it.

I’ve been thinking about convincing the ladies at work to put some herbs into the planters we keep right outside our office. They are usually filled with small flowers that barely last a season, with some random greenage or similar.

So wasps like gardens? The only time i see them in my background is when there is meat cooking, and that’s only because I have one neighbor that won’t hose the nest and run like I do, think high pressure, blast it to hell.

I don’t know if they necessarily like gardens in particular, but they sure love nesting in the overhangs and underhangs of our balconies, garden-equipped or otherwise :(

Wasps like flowering plants almost as much as bees do.

Their prey also tend to roam around gardens and vegetation I suspect.

@ArmandoPenblade as an avid gardener, even through my apartment days, I highly recommend the Aerogarden by Miracle Gro. I have fresh herbs year round. Sweet globe basil, Thai basil, oregano and a rotation of other items for me. Having a home grown salad in January is amazing.

If you have one of those hand-pump herbicide sprayers or a hose-end sprayer, add some dish soap and spray with that. Knocks down the nest just as well, with the added benefit that for some surface tension reason or another, the soapy water drowns them much better than regular water. The last one to get into our house went down with no fuss thanks to that trick.

I do have a couple of those hand-pump sprayers actually. I will try that next time, if I get another nest. Thank you.

If youre truly interested in growing herbs but cant grow outdoors, look into an AeroGarden. They are self contained, digitally controlled, aerated hydroponics units using led lighting. They are on sale for memorial day weekend. https://www.aerogarden.com/

I second the suggestion for dish soap. Apparently, wasps have an aquaphobic exoskeleton that makes them very hard to drown with a hose. Soap cuts through that. We had two or three nests outside our house when we bought it, and this took care of them beautifully.