Tell us what you have cooked lately (that's interesting)

Beautiful. Place we used to live near had a Portobello cap appetizer with olive oil, capers, and Parmesan. So simple, but incredibly delicious.

All the portobellos I get are from Costco, where they’re pretty much all uniformly wide and flat. Great on the grill, but not so much for stuffing.

It was even good microwaved at lunch today, which is a traditional failing of mushrooms in my experience.

I’d post a recipe, but there’s really not much to it. Tomatoes and mozzarella in the cap, broil until the mozzarella is golden brown, top with basil and balsamic reduction.

This thread is slow without @ArmandoPenblade.

So I’m trying something different. A mix of ground beef and sweet Italian sausage.
Worcestershire
A1 Steak Sauce
Garlic powder
Onion powder
Smoked paprika
Panko breadcrumb
2 eggs
Tomato paste
S&P

Mix and spread on parchment paper in a rectangle about 3/4 inch thick.

Layer with sliced provolone cheese
Sauteed onions
Shredded cheddar
Shredded mozzarella

Roll up like a jelly roll using the parchment paper to keep it tight.

It’s in the oven. Pictures later.

Edit: Pictures. Hey, it was an experiment. It may not look very nice but it tastes wonderful.

Jesus, dude.

your very own heart-attack-on-a-plate recipe! Maybe name it the inside-out cheeseburger roll?

You know you want it.

I’d hit it.

Depending on how much in the way of bread crumbs, the rest is relatively low carb, so not really.

Saturday night: Whole wheat pizza with summer squash, tomato, and parmesan.

Sunday night: beer can chicken with cajun rub.

Your meat is making my mouth water.

I get that a lot.

I’d hit it.

That chicken looks awesome.

Pizza!

That’s a fine looking pie! What was the meat?

Finocchiona, hot soppressatta, and crespone.

Hot damn that is a fine looking pizza, especially that crust. I can almost taste it from here. Is that a white sauce on it?

Nah, it’s just the cheese.
The sauce is some homemade sauce I made a while back, and froze in tiny disposable plastic cups (like the kind you’d put sauce in at a take out place). One cup has enough sauce for about two pizzas, so I can just thaw them out when I’m gonna make pizza.

I tend to not use tons of sauce.

That is a beautiful pie, well-developed leopard spotting, and from the corniciones can tell you used a wet dough. Next time give us a peek at the upskirt!