Tell us what you have cooked lately (that's interesting)

Base sauce is buttermilk/sour cream/hidden valley ranch packet/minced garlic/juice of half a lemon

Shredded chicken coated in olive oil and cajun seasoning

Fontina / Asiago / Mozzarella

Tomatoes / red onion / basil that’s been marinated in olive oil / balsamic vinegar / salt and pepper

Finished with a bit of pecorino romano :)

Good god I want that in my belly right now. It looks fantastic.

Soy Vay makes a decent teriyaki marinade/sauce that would work I think. That’s technically what the sauce ends up being for most of the burnt ends around here I can buy at BBQ places that have choices on sauce. The “Asian,” ends up being teriyaki.

You could also sample it and add to it as needed, a little rice wine vinegar for more tang, maybe some ginger paste, some hot sauce for more kick, or some Hu Fong chili garlic sauce or similar.

The two most common sauces I see on burnt ends are really smokey BBQ sauce, so dark it’s almost black, or something like that teriyaki marinade.

EDIT: This is the one we have available here:

Teriyaki’s a piece of piss to make though, so there’s not really any need to buy it.

I love this colloquialism. I got your meaning, but strangely had not heard that before.

I was looking at Soy Vay’s Hoisin Garlic. Any experience with that?

None but I wish I could try it. The only one we have locally is their Teriyaki, or at least that’s the only one at the store i frequent most. Hoisin Garlic sounds good though.

@MattN It’s a really solid marinade. We use it in a pinch for just about everything - pork, chicken, sausages. Good as a marinade or brushed on when cooking.

Thanks for the advice guys. I got both at the market. I think I’m going to marinate and sous vide with the teriyaki and baste with the hoisin garlic to caramelize the burnt ends.

The end result was a huge hit. Really good and super easy to make. Sous vide in the teriyaki marinade 165 degrees for 16 hours, then chill it a little, then baste with the hoisin sauce and smoke for an hour and a half. I also then finished it with a seat but I wouldn’t do it again.

Holy fuck. . .

I want to go to there!

Looks amazing-- try adding some red food coloring next time to really get that char siu look down. That’s what the Chinese do!

Damn that looks delicious!

I just finished dinner and now I’m hungry again looking at that pork!

Beef tendon brick:

Sliced up:

Holy moly, Matt. That looks fantastic. The crispy outside is picture perfect.

And I feel like you and @Eric_Majkut should be cooking together because a dish that rich would work well with some great homemade pickles.

Eric, I’m a fan of the ghetto pickle method, mostly because I don’t plan on canning/sealing mine and they are in the fridge for their duration. I reuse the same pickle jar, replacing what goes in it after each cycle through it.

Is all of that home grown?

I made foods.

Looks like halal chicken and rice with sweet potato fries. Tasty stuff!

Yes, but it wasn’t grown at my home. Got everything from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Side_Market