Tell us what you have cooked lately (that's interesting)

I would like to eat 100% of that, please.

I guess technically this is dressing, not stuffing.

I box matzo
2 sticks lightly salted butter
2 eggs lightly beaten
4 cups chicken broth
2 stalks celery
2 carrots
salt
pepper
garlic powder
paprika

Break matzo into small pieces - the smaller the better. Melt the butter. Chop celery and carrots into small pieces. Mix everything together seasoning with the salt, pepper etc. to your own taste. Bake for 45 minutes at 375.

Made my ludicrously over huge Greek menu, with some tweaks, for my two best friends tonight before our regular movie night. Well, less the spicy slaw, cuz one of them has a nasty allergic reaction to capsaicin (also replaced cayenne in recipes with paprika).

I think this shot gets almost everything…

I finally figured out what Armando’s trick is. Asian food is just inherently more photogenic!

I made lo mein :D 🥕🍄🥦🍃🐔`🍜

That looks lovely, my dude :-D

Where are you getting this silly idea from?

The base components for okonomiyaki is cabbage + flour but the rest is your preference. It is literally in the name.

Takoyaki is always octopus…it is literally in the name. If you were to flatten an octopus ball you would not have okonomiyaki. You would have a flatted takoyaki…

Depends where you live but there seems to be next to zero dedicated okonomi teppanyaki places outside of Japan.

I recommend making it yourself just using a frying pan. Find a Japanese market though so you can get proper flour, aonori, katsuobushi, okonomi sauce, kewpie or Japanese mayo, etc.

London has a few. There was a while where it looked like it might be the next big food trend but it didn’t really take off.

Honestly, I want to like okonomiyaki more than I actually do. It has some interesting flavor and texture things going on…but it doesn’t quite work for me.

For my money, I’d rather have Haemul Pajeon.

Thanks for the inspiration! This was indeed wonderful and really not that much time to prepare, which I think is a huge bonus. I’ve done the Thomas Keller braised beef, and it’s better, but it also takes hours & hours of work, over two days. This Julia Child’s recipe is far better in terms of time spent.

I just wish I’d had some hearty noodles. As it was we served it over egg noodles, as that was what we had, but I’m going to look for some better & thicker noodles for the next time.

Glad you enjoyed it! :)

I have to undergo a colonscopy later this morning and haven’t eaten a thing since Monday night. So with time to kill, and with my stomach growling, I’m sitting here reading this thread.

FOOD!

My sympathies. Colonoscopy prep is far worse than the actual procedure. I remember when everything came out of me I found an indian head penny I swallowed when I was 3.

Yes, the worst is over, only the procedure remains. Sorry to derail the thread with a gross topic. Onward to FOOD!

Fighting words! Eat a better one next time?

Okonomiyaki is myriad. It can be layered. It can be mixed. I suppose it can even be a liquid regurgitated slop pile mess of color called monja which arguably is totally different but shares the same concept. (stupid Tokyo)

The point is it can be anything. Infinite taste and scope. It is easily my favorite Japanese food.

As some of you probably know I’ve been living in France since June and return home in January. We have got some great patisseries here with so many good desserts. There is one I get on a regular basis. It is caramel chocolate ganache layered on a thin french cake, covered in milk chocolate.

Today my wife took a class at the patisserie and learned how to make it, along with her favorite - a raspberry macaron. This is our Christmas gifts to each other. I’m so psyched that I won’t have to give up my favorite treat here.

That looks so decadently delicious!

The filling is a smooth and buttery. So good.

I made my first creme patisserie today, and put it into a strawberry tart.

The apple & raisin pie I made for T’giving was nice looking.