Tell us what you have cooked lately (that's interesting)

You obviously made a mistake somehow, you shouldn’t have any left over.

I like to blend em up with a mixture of canned tomatoes, an onion, some garlic, cilantro, and a fresh chili or two, lime juice, S&P, and cumin (plus water or chicken stock to thin it out), then simmer or slow cook chicken in it till shreddable, shred said chicken, then add back in sauce to your preference.

Serve on tacos, burritos, and/or quesadillas to your preference.

You can just pour them into a new container (don’t leave in the can because it’ll leach metal into it over time) and refrigerate. They keep for ages.

Something similar that I prefer is chiliquilas. Basically the same recipe as Armando lists, but you stew it all with tortilla chips

Normally I put em in a ziploc and freeze them. But I want to actually use them in more recipes. Armando’s sound good, though it’s hard to get good store-bought taco tortillas here.

I made about 6 cups of unpopped popcorn into 3 huge containers today for my GF’s bar, Cheddar-Jalapeno and Buttered. Aaaaand its gone. Along with two crockpots of chili, 5 pizzas and 50 wings.

Super Bowl drinkers know how to eat.

Goddamn that is beautiful

Made some everything challah dogs for the super bowl!

They’re not very photogenic but still delicious and a breeze to throw together. Thanks for the link!

Challah if ya hear me!

Looks fantastic, man!

How did the jars do in the bath? Thise are 1/2 mason jar size?

They’re the 4oz jars; I was a little concerned at how quick the air bubbled out after throwing them in but they were air tight. They were easy enough that I’m going to throw them heavily in my grab and go breakfast rotation and see what sort of tweaks work out well.

I’m interested, those are absolutely a perfect on the go breakfast if the medoum works well.

That looks really yummy

Korean food returns!

Some Korean Fried Chicken (breast) in a sweet, salty, spicy gochujang glaze; steamed edamame with sea salt; some seasoned spinach with sesame oil, black pepper, gochujang, and a bit of sugar; white rice; and tteokbokki: a spicy-sweet seafood stew made with rice cakes (basically little tubes of sweet rice flour boiled till chewy), fish cake (minced fish mixed with flour, rolled thin, and fried into crisp sheets that retain a little snappy, sausage-like bite even when boiled), Korean seafood stew broth (salted anchovies and kelp boiled, then strained), gochujang chili paste, gochugaru chili powder, rice syrup, sugar, and a little soy sauce. Plus a hard-boiled egg and some green onions for good measure in there.

Tasty, albeit real fuckin’ spicy, dinner.

Want. Want want want want want.

Also, thanks for making it clear it wasn’t dark meat. You had me worried for a second!

-xtien

I couldn’t go sullying my own good name, now could I?

To be honest, apart from getting a hold of some less-common ingredients (potato starch, gochujang, rice syrup), KorFC is pretty easy to make. Dangerously so, actually. . .

Sorry to ask a dumb question you’ve probably already answered, but how do you fry it? In a skillet or in some kind of frying device?

-xtien’

A deep fryer I got for Christmas during college, believe it or not. Some $25 GE dealio that’s longer and more rectangular than your average Fry Daddy, but no fancy bells or whistles. It’s a lot nicer than trying to watch oil temps on the stove, but damn if it’s not a bitch to clean. To the point that there are certain parts of it that now feature a more or less permanent resin-hard sheen of darkened oil.

I call it battle tested :-)

Unlike some of that stuff, gochujang is pretty easy to get. I can’t find it in my smaller local groceries, but I’ve seen it at Hyvees in Iowa, and suspect that’s probably also true of other big supermarkets there and here. Or you could just buy it by the pound on Amazon, like I did.