Tell Us What You've [Role-]Played Recently (That's Interesting)

Lacking any major general-purpose tabletop RPG-focused threads that I could think of, I’m making this one.

And then I’m gonna put a thing in it, cuz dammit, that’s my right as an American!

So, last year, a group of friends that I’ve been roleplaying with for some time wound up our last campaign (in a glorious TPK that I’ll save for another time). The GM, having run us through three “seasons,” was a little tired, so we settled on doing rotating GMing, and set about the task of creating our own setting to run the games in using the very cool Dawn of Worlds system. That alone took a good long while, as we really dug into it, and wound up creating a thoroughly bizarre, gonzo-fantasy world filled to the brim with freak-out races and places. We called our setting Abirsta, taking a letter from each player’s first name.

One of those races are an unpleasant sect called The Broken, descended from the magically immortalized Ghuul. These pitiful creatures had been bashed apart and stitched back together so many times that their “lives” were an unending torment, and all they craved was sweet release.

So, of course, in our first “season” in the new setting under GM Tom, our motley crew of inept skyship inhabitants wound up working for one, who held our very souls in escrow while we sought out a legendary Hearthspark to power her grim work. This creature, calling herself “Choir,” was quite terrifying to behold–huge, misshapen, with too many arms and legs–and was likely assembled from a multitude of crippled Broken bodies. Nonetheless, our very thoroughly drunk captain, Versace, made the bargain in a fit of despondency (he’d been stripped of his name and kicked out of his homeland), and that was that–we were on the hook.

A number of ludicrous adventures ensued, culminating in an epic battle against some decidedly unpleasant fire-worshipping, Aztec-inspired monkey-like critters called the Monchii. Having made off with the object of our desires, we drew Tom’s arc to a close with our returning the Hearthspark for Choir, netting the crew their souls back and Versace his promised reward: “To return home in glory, and have all his heart desires.” Like that could ever end badly.

Anyway, I’m up next (first session of my arc is tomorrow!), and I really wanted to do something special. So I mined my FB friends list and got a few female friends to lend me their voices to help create Choir’s. . . “reward.”

I don’t pretend to have any great sound-editing prowess, so I know it’s a little amateur, but seeing it go from the barest hint of an idea all the way to a “finished” product was pretty awesome!!! Can’t wait to play the session :)

Roflsnort. I can hear the jingle now…seriously.

Because why start a thread about a topic if you’re not gonna use it:

Snag a ton of rule and worldbooks for the Song of Ice and Fire, Atomic Robo, Mistborn, and The Laundry RPGs from Humble Bundle! Yeeeee