Tell us what's happened to you recently (that's interesting)

Shit, is it ever.

You should read his rationale, she sounds pretty crazy.

Yep, and Colorado has been a great argument for voting against it. It’s been a pretty uphill battle getting people against it, though, because on the surface it sounds great, and people are likely to vote for it if they haven’t heard about it before election day.

She might be but it’s pretty low to slam your wife on a message board unless she is also a regular poster and can give her side of the story.

Our cat of 12 years had stopped eating completely at one point too, and my parents were worrying about her so they took her to the vet. Same approximate analysis, she had some intestinal something or other and the vet suggested to put her down on the spot, to prevent suffering. Well, my dad couldn’t stand doing it before the kids (me 'n the sis) said our goodbyes, so he promised to bring her home one last night and return to the vet in the morning. Well, lo and behold that night Gizzy started munching away like her life depended on it. That was 4 years ago and as far as I know the little furball is still around (I’ve been away from home for 3 years now, but I’m pretty sure my parent’s would let me know if anything happened).

It’s funny because 3 months after we got Gizzy my mom’s prized singing golden canary met a gruesome end. Ah, forgiveness.

I went to the International Comic Art Conference at the Library of Congress and sat in a very uncomfortable chair for seven hours. I then awarded myself metaphysical points for venturing out into the city alone, taking advantage of opportunities to broaden my horizons and otherwise not acting in the manner of a sadly maladjusted hillbilly.

As a sadly maladjusted hillbilly who moved to DC, I approve this message.

I went out with some relatives I was visiting in San Diego and left my dog at their house closed in the bedroom. She managed to climb up on a desk next to the window, knock the screen out and jump out the window into the yard. She then found a loose plank on the fence and made herself a hole through which she exited and went wandering around the neighborhood. Luckily one of the neighbors saw her and put her in their yard until we got home.

The dog has previously managed to escape from a latched crate with no damage to the crate, I don’t know how she did it.

I hope your houdini is microchipped!

I watched the entire BBC series I, Claudius and came out thinking that it may be one of the best made-for-TV movies ever. Then I played ToEE with my lawful good party for most of the rest of the weekend.

I struggled with the existential angst of finding meaning within my position in an impersonal, modern society, and how that might or might not be reflected in my responsibilities and relationships to other people.

Then I made a sandwich.

Warning: Do Not Water the Flowers

Remember to wash your bowl.

She is. Also has two ID tags, one of which managed to fall off during her last escape attempt. Oddly someone else bothered to look at the tag and call me but not hold on to the dog.

Edit: Here are pictures of the dog, for those of you who like that sort of thing.
Link

Thank you for posting pictures of your dog. You win. I crown you king of this inane thread.

After doing the vendor thing at PAX this year I went on a bit of a vacation and traveled around Washington State and a bit of Oregon. Had a pretty good time, saw some great sights - visiting Mount St. Helens is a fantastic experience - and going into and along the Columbia River Gorge is quite a drive. Saw 2 Mariners games and a Spokane Indians game (it’s the lowest level of Minor League Baseball, rookie/A-level summer ball). Stayed in Seattle, Spokane, Wentachee, Kelso, and Seaside (in Oregon).

First real traveling-type vacation I’ve been on in a long time. I kinda miss doing that kind of thing, so really want to figure out how to do one every year.

— Alan

By the way, here is a picture of the aforementioned kitties in the cage that was on the backseat of my car.

Only interesting thing in my life right now is the stray cat. I spent Saturday afternoon in the library going through old lost pet ads. Turned up three leads, but it looks like they’re all dead ends–one was chipped, one had an ear tatoo (this cat has neither) and the third one I left a message Saturday and they still haven’t called me back.

So I’m introducing him to my current cat and letting him out of the living room. Pictures here.

Oh, and I sang a solo in church on Sunday.

You’re lucky your cats get along that well. That’s a pretty rare thing for cats.

I was going to say the same thing. I wish our cats got along. Our younger one wants to play with the older one - and the older one just hisses at her. In fact the older one hisses so strongly that she spits a lot. The little one then mopes away sullenly.