Tell us what's happened to you recently (that's interesting)

Good news, everyone! The deck removal was a success. Well, except for one board right by the edge of the house, since taking it out would have required disassembly of the entire structure. Jeff and I are hoping the plumber can work around that one. If not, well, there’s always the saw.

Look, our ugly mugs!

Bonus frog-bop-in-winter photo:
Google Photos

Great to visit with you a bit, Jeff, and good luck with the plumbing problem tomorrow!

The folks on Qt3 are so damn awesome.

Sounds like you need a lawyer.

My advice: Simplify. Selling sounds like the best idea. If you don’t and one of the uncles dies, then you may have his share divided among multiple heirs, and at that point getting consensus to do anything with the property can be difficult.

And will there be income from the property to offset property taxes? Holding onto it sounds like a potential mess.

Oh good, you didn’t need the demon blade. Because once that thing is invoked it’s a bitch to get rid of.

Well we’ve got a lawyer. More to the point, my grandfather has (had) a lawyer, and he’s administering the process. It’s not that the will is unclear, just that my grandfather never told anyone about it, so what will happen is going to be news to a lot of people.

Dude, that’s amazing. @ineffablebob you are a man of the highest character. @jpinard glad you got it worked out :)

Don’t let a desire to maintain propriety allow you the family estate to get screwed. It seems like when money is involved formerly easygoing relatives become grasping and selfish and there is a natural tendency to let them have their way.

Ineffable that’s indescribable! Thumbs up man!

Holy shit dude that’s amazing. Remind me Monday: you’re starting with a free Fate Point.

@ineffablebob that is so awesome, really stupendous.

but demonblade is sad.

WTF?!? 6 hours after his post, and it’s done? What kind of wizardry is this?
I was still trying to formulate a sympathetic post.
Major kudos to @ineffablebob! The Demon Blade has nothing on you, dude.
@jpinard Good luck with the plumber! I’d be lost without a plumber.

I also award you an extra Fate point. Well done!

To be clear, it was only a partial deck-otomty. A couple of hours of screw removal and occasional saw intervention was enough. No demons required!

Thanks for all the kind words, folks! But really, I’m just the guy who happened to live close enough to Jeff and have a free afternoon at the right time.

Still, he needed help, and you went like right over! You’re too modest. That’s just awesome.
edit: Come to think of it, this is the kind of thing that I saw a lot of in my younger years, among people that were long-time friends. And really, how is this much different? It’s just that I rarely see this sort of thing on a message board.

Jeff: Glad things worked out! :)

Ineffablebob: You are the fucking man. Seriously! :)

Awesome job Bob! Hope the plumbing work goes off without a hitch Jeff!

I would highly recommend doing this. Just agree to liquidate everything. Not liquidating only extends the angst and the family problems. I speak somewhat from experience, having seen problems pop up even among what were supposed to be friendly relatives.

Still a damn nice thing of you to do.

I was out having a beverage when someone tried to force their way into my house with my wife and son home. The dog barking distracted the intruder enough for my wife to kick their foot out of the door and lock the deadbolt. Hug your doggies and the rest of your families.

Damn dude. Glad everything turned out ok.