Tell us what's happened to you recently (that's interesting)

What I am is a verified chicken when it comes to creepy crawlies. I took a video but could not bring myself to stick him in a jar or something for my nephew. Every year I get 2-3 of these tiny baby snakes drowned in my pool around this time of year. this is the first time one of the was alive and managed to get out of the skimmer because I left the lid off.

I’ve never seen mommy or daddy.

It was the same with the ones we had. Usually very small. I’m assuming mom and dad were either shy enough to stay away from human stuff or smart enough to no fall into a pool. We lived on a somewhat wooded lot, so all the wildlife kind of went along with that. Skimmer duty is like random loot chest drops. You never know when you’ll have a winner.

I need some wood to knock on but I am thankful I have not found any mammals or birds in there yet. The last pool group that came here said in pools my size… they’ve had to fish out deer. I can’t even… imagine.

My attempt at a joke was because you called the snake “he”, so either you were talking about Solid/Liquid/Whatever Snake, or you’re an experienced herpetologist to be able to identify the snake’s sex just by visual examination. :)

Oh sorry. It’s not a game I’ve ever played. Haha, not sure why I called it a he because I certainly cannot sex a baby snake!

Growing up with a pool in Texas, I have zero experience with this open/close thing you folks are talking about.

We might hit 112 here, but our pool season is roughly 3 months, if that.

This reads like the first line of a novel.

-xtien

It’s also the title! That’s all I’ve got so far though.

Growin’ up with a pool in Texas, I always knew there’d be a whole mess’a folks hangin’ round the house in them blazin’ summer days. But more’n anything, the summer I turnt sixteen’ll always stand out to me. That’n was the summer with the snakes, an’ m’first car, yeah, but most of all. . . that’n was the summer with Sarah Jean. . .

… Now Sarah Jean was somethin’ special for sure. She was purdy in a way that an ole country boy like me just can’t put into words. The way she would smile at me as I walked by on the way to the store. The way she always said, “heeeeeey,” like saying hey was four or five syllables long. She had the bluest eyes you’d ever seen, bluer than that pool we had out back. And the day she first came over to join us for a swim. Boy, that was a day to remember …

You guys I am so confused right now.

… that was a day to remember, for sure. At least I think it would be, though for some reason I have no memory of that day. I remember Sarah Jane’s deep, deep blue eyes, that you could get lost in. Did, too. Just all went black, you know? And then I found my way back up, slow you know, like clawing your way up from a dive that’s almost beyond your lung’s capacity. And then I remember the screaming - pretty sure it was with joy, because I can’t deny the euphoria I felt, but I also couldn’t explain the blood on my arms, or all over the hammer in my hands.

That’s awesome. You should tell him you loved him in the movie Constantine.

I actually did really like that movie.

Me too. It’s a guilty pleasure.

Why are the two of you apologizing. That movie fucking rocks!

-xtien

“I’m thinking.”

I remember that part. It was a funny and somewhat sweet moment (the way Weisz reacted). That movie has layers, man!

In fact due to seeing Peter Stormare in American Gods these last couple weeks I brought it up and rewatched his big scene in Constantine.

You go girl!

Yeah it does. It ended up in the #6 spot on my Top Ten of 2005 list.

I was shocked watching it. I kept waiting for them to screw it up. This often happens when I watch a surprising good movie. I get this weird foreboding sense of, “Damn this is good. When are you gonna fuck it up?” And they never did.

I remember right after finishing it I emailed Tom to say something along the lines of, “Uh-oh…looks like I’m gonna have a Keanu Reeves’ movie on my list this year.”

-xtien

“I do miss the old names.”