Tell us what's happened to you recently (that's interesting)

I have Zyrtec or Flonase for the occasional allergy issue. It does help, given a day or two of use.

All the rain on the west coast has made for an excellent allergy season.

Down here we had a nasty drought and then torrential rain. So far so good. :)

We’re set to hit 109 tomorrow. I’d say the rain is over for a bit. Also… maybe not light up like a torch since we are coming into with a lot of moisture.

I’m over 50, and like the others, I don’t know what that is.
You damn well better tell us.

This is the best that Google can do with it:[quote=“RichVR, post:12896, topic:30028”]
a card with two flaps and a brush
[/quote]

Okay. I’m surprised. It’s a kit with a card. The card has two flaps. It also comes with two blue plastic bags and two brushes. What you have to do is poop. And then not use toilet paper yet. You use one of the brushes to stroke your turd. Then you stroke the turd sample onto the place under the first flap. Then you put the brush in the first bag. Then you can wipe your ass. And then you do it again another day. Because blood in poop may not be expressed the first time. So you have two wonderful days of poop brushing. And standing in front of your toilet staring at your poop. And brushing it.

Some rules. Do not do this if you have bleeding hemorrhoids. Also do not do this if you have rusty water. My guess is that it looks for iron in your poop. Hemoglobin is iron based.

Happy now? Because I am not.

Edit: I forgot to mention the prepaid return envelope. Yeah. That’s right. You would think that maybe you would carefully carry your poop samples to the right place. No. The USPS handles thousands of poop samples every day. Post paid. You do the math. :)

Wow.
It’s really true: Some things are best left a mystery. ;)
Thanks for the clarification however.
I am glad you did not use a photograph (although that photo I posted was fairly close).

Okay man. I going to say I’m not ecstatic, but when you tease about something we’re going to hate done by the doctor after 50, my imagination went a lot darker than that. And I’m glad. If I have to brush some poop, so be it.

Do we … do we get to sign our work?

So I have a small side business selling woodworking - mostly things dealing with large slabs of wood and I had a show this weekend in Vancouver:

It was so darn hot! We hit 100 degrees on Saturday and 97 on Sunday. For Oregon, this is hot! Fortunately I was under a large tree canopy and was mostly shaded … I can’t imagine the vendors who had no shade. Brutal. Customers really aren’t in the mood to shop. I did sell 2 pieces and already have down payment on a custom job and working with another customer on another custom piece, so that is good.

Something I found interesting is my site’s stats just from handing out business cards. It really does show that people are looking at the site, so hopefully some more followup business:

That’s got to be hell. It’s been years since I has north for that kind of weather but last time I hit, everyone I know up north doesn’t even have a/c.

We hit our e 108/109 as predicted Saturday. Fortunately the A/C kept it at max 75/76 and pool is warmed to around mid 80s now.

You’re work looks great. I tried to get some 4’12" bookshelf pieces around here and gave up and just went with some basic bland lumber.

108? In Oregon? You must be down near the California border to get that high temperature.

That’s too bad on the shelves, I’d recommend looking for a local woodworking club & asking if anyone is willing to do custom work. Oregon Myrtle wood is awesome if you’re within 50 miles of the coast, and if you’re further inland, the oak is very plentiful. Up north we have a large variety - but I mostly use big-leaf maple and maple burl along with black walnut.

Also, don’t dismiss Juniper. It’s amazing wood. It doesn’t come in huge slabs, but it’s very pretty IMO with the contrasting colors. Juniper is mostly prized for the whole trunks, but I think it’s a great shelving material.

It was a high of around 60 here in Minnesota.

I’ll start running now. ;)

Yeah we were unseasonably cool in Chicago, high around 72 on Saturday and Sunday. This after we spent most of the prior week in the 90s.

Man I wish you were down here in NC. I’d be all over those countertops you have pictured on your site, yes I’m snooping on you. :)

Those woods have to be expensive. Down here, where hardwoods aren’t as easily available, they are extremely expensive.

I work with sawyers to get my slabs directly to cut out the middleman, so I get prices better than most. However, Black walnut is still crazy expensive. I also get my non-slab hardwoods from commercial suppliers.

Sequoia grows like weeds here, so a 8’ x 36" slab is about $400, I just got a Maple slab 9’ x 5’ for $750 and an equivalent black walnut would be about $3,500.

I favor Maple burls and coffee table size typically runs me $300-400 (48" x 24" approx).

My in-laws had 10 acres of walnuts. He used to have guys drop by from time to time to buy trees for the wood. Some years he did better with that than he did with the nuts.

You should all be scraping poop into an envelope at this point. It helps check for colon cancer. The 5 year survival rates between stage III and stage IV colon cancer goes from 89% at the top of III down to 11% at IV.

If you’re primary physician isn’t giving you flaps and brushes you should probably ask why.

Yep I am. I have to constantly remind people, that I’m from Oregon, not Portland. I think there is a T-Shirt for that now. I bought my house a few years ago. I am just now in the mode of buying what I want instead of what I could afford when I got it. One of the tings I want out of here are cheap office store bookshelves and too replace these shelves.

I know there are a ton of woodworkers around here, none of them with handy information to find. My great uncle was a carpenter but sadly no one continued the trade.

I did a quick search on medford woodworker’s guild and found this source:

They are based in Ashland, but they advertise they represent members from Northern California to Southern Oregon. They have a nice directory: