Tell us what's happened to you recently (that's interesting)

I am not saying this to freak you out by any means, but it would have been better if they took the piece of wire you found, located the basket it came from, and determined that they did, in fact, get the entire piece that broke off. Do you happen to know if they made any effort to ensure they got… all of it?

I hope she heals quickly, gets her cast signed if that’s still a thing the kids like.

I would guess she broke some rules helping you.

That’s your takeaway?

-xtien

Disney trip #2 of 2018! I missed #1 last Thursday. Not crowded early on but it’s getting there now.

This happened to me at a tapas bar in Barcelona next to the Sagrada Familia. Got a piece of metal wire in one of my meatballs. I didn’t even get a clear apology from the waiter I called over, he just took the meal away and I think I got a replacement. That was it. I was young and not very bold, in shock, and the language barrier didn’t help either, but if that happened to me now I’d be a lot less forgiving. Still irks me that I didn’t push it because – aside from it being metal wire in food – it was bloody expensive too, 7+ euros each for less than a pint of lager. At least that didn’t have wire in it I suppose.

@rowe33 your daughter knows how to strike a pose!

Well, that would make it all the more awesome, wouldn’t it?

Isn’t she a little short for a stromtrooper? =) Too cute man! Looks like a fun day.

I wouldn’t know what to do in a foreign country with a different language.

We always went right before it opened and left before noon most of the time. Still crowded but you could just watch the lines quickly ramp up.

Autotopia! For the longest time I thought it just had that long walkway up to the cars. Then it got crowded for the first time and I discovered they have a long ass wending path that goes up and around and over and wow, they can sure obfuscate the line length. That roger rabbit ride is probably the best example of this.

We are almost done with our Universal Studios season pass. Before that we did Legoland and before that Disneyland. Might do a year at Knotts next, not sure.

The wife got a small wire in her sesame chicken once. It was take out but she was annoyed enough for us to drive back. We showed it to a manager who brought it into the kitchen. After some yelling she returned to tell us it was from the metal brush they use to scrub the woks between entrees. She was visibly upset and so the wife backed off. The manager said they would throw away the brush and use a new one.

What else could we expect? We still eat there and haven’t had an issue since. But yeah, the thought of what could have happened is scary.

Not super interesting, but I guess it doesn’t go anywhere else. A little bitching, I suppose.

I just paid a guy to write a Python script to import into a larger program (my Cinematic AI thing) and he delivered a Linux script and told me to run it via a virtual box. We have a conference call and instead of apologizing and correcting it he gives me this spiel about how it’s better this way if we scale, a bunch of other excuses.

So now I have to pay someone to convert his script to a Python script. What’s the deal with paying for this? I’m leaning towards still paying him as it only took 8 hours but I’m annoyed and he’s fired.

Just a bit of bitching from the trenches.

Did you specify it had to be a Python script? Or did you assume he’d use Python? Assuming you specified it had to be Python, he has not delivered what you asked for. In which case, I don’t see why you’d pay at this point.

Wow, that’s super unprofessional. When you say a “Linux script” you mean a shell script? Like, bash/ksh/tcsh stuff?

Depending on how he did it, it shouldn’t be too hard to port over to Python. Let me know if you want me to take a look or something!

Yep, a .sh bash script. Worthless to me.

My ad said “Need Python programmer for Python work” or something like that. He had a good background in the subject matter and I was clear, not sure what went wrong.

I’d love to rhamorin, it would require signing an NDA, contractor agreement, etc. Can you PM me your background and contact info?

Yesterday my wife and I were heading home from work going south on I5 and we saw huge plumes of smoke from over in the northbound lanes. Once we got closer we saw that a semi was just completely engulfed in flames - we saw police arriving to direct traffic but no fire trucks had arrived yet. I can’t find anything about this online today but I hope whoever was driving that thing got out ok.

Geez, it’s really sobering to see stuff like that. Hope the driver was ok.

I remember about 10 years ago this air fuel tanker took an overpass turn too hard near BWI airport and actually fell off the overpass right onto oncoming traffic on I-95. It exploded, immolated a bunch of commuters, etc. Luckily that stuff is pretty rare.

Pics or it didn’t happen.

I’m in the same boat, though it hasn’t hurt very much. Toe definitely turned super black all down the side/corner where it was for a while though. Just ignored that cuz I’m dumb.

The few who’re friends with me on FB have probably seen me post about how my older brother recently moved back to Ohio. He married his first wife in 1984 and moved out of state, mostly living down in FL. He’s divorced and decided to move back closer to family now that his boys are 25. So we’ve been hanging out a bit, watching some NFL games, which is a first for us. I was too nerdy and bookish to ever watch team sports as a kid, and my 10yo son loves sports, so the 3 of us were getting together on weekends and watching games. I really enjoyed this time together and so I planned a Super Bowl party at my house, inviting a few single co-workers over to feast on wings, cheese sticks, veggies, chips, and my wife’s killer bean dip. My son has been really excited about it.

My brother called me today at work to tell me he’s moving back to FL tomorrow morning. I told my son during dinner, and he just sat there and hung his head.

That seems… abrupt. Very odd all around.

Got a job offer. He probably knew for days, didn’t tell me until the last minute.