Tell us what's happened to you recently (that's interesting)

I think legalizing sex work would solve more ills than just this. First, you’d stop criminalizing a population of lonely, horny people who either don’t have other options or just don’t want the hassle of an associated relationship.

But I think it would just generally make people happier. Sex lowers stress, or improves your outlook, it’s a good thing. Now I’m not saying anything so simple as getting laid would have kept this guy from killing ten people, but it might give them another outlet, at least lessen this resentment they seem to feel toward an entire sex.

And anyway it’s like Mae West said, sex is a misdemeanor; the more you miss, the meaner you get.

Hmm. Interesting point. I mean we don’t hold prostitutes in high regard but we don’t hold incels in high regard either.

By the way, the word incel is supposed to mean “involuntary celibate”. I think that term foists the responsibility on someone else and degradea personal responsibility. Is there another term for these weirdos?

I’m actually not sure this is true. I used to be for legalization until i suspected and also have read a large increase in human trafficking in countries where prostitution is legal.

Does harm done by criminalizing prostitution and leaving women vulnerable who choose to do it anyway to pimps and diseases outweigh the cost of women forced against their will into sex work who would otherwise not have been caught in the net of meeting the demand for prostitution? I don’t know.

I tend to think legalization would actually help eradicate sea trafficking. Sex workers would no longer have to hide in the shadows, seek out shady arrangements with pimps for protection that takes much of their earnings. Hell, if they’re legal maybe they could form a union.

Now I’m basing this on stuff like what I’m seeing with legalizing recreational marijuana use and the inverse in the Prohibition, so that may not be exactly 1:1. But I think there are benefits to allowing sex work to be done above board.

Good luck getting legal prostitution across the country with the current “Holier than thou” GOP still alive and kicking. Even if a good percentage of its elected officials have taken part in it, they’ll still rant against such horrible filth with their last breath.

I don’t have a problem with it being legal at all, for various reasons, including sex worker safety, etc.

Immature. Spoiled. Narcissistic. Ignorant.

To understand why they won’t just pay for sex, it helps to know their origin.

First there was the red pill. This is the idea that women are basically just robots, genetically programmed to have sex with “alpha” males. They’ve got a lot of complicated, stupid ideas, and if you ever need more cringe in your life, check out one of their “field reports” where they observe women as if they were Jane Goodall watching chimps. The important thing for us here is that they believe they can become “alphas” and manipulate women into having sex with them if they follow certain techniques.

Then you have a bunch of lonely guys with low self-esteem who come across this. They just want someone to love them, and they figure that if these red pill techniques can trick a woman into at least having sex with them, that’s a start. So then they go out and try it and it doesn’t work. Why not? Is it because the red pill is bullshit and I should just try to act like a normal human being? No, it’s because I’m too ugly to ever be an alpha.

So a lot of how incels see the world is based on the red pill. For example, a “chad” is “alpha” translated to into their language. But there’s a difference in their personalities and what’s driving them, so they end up with paradoxical beliefs, like being obsessed with sex but refusing to pay for it.

Maybe so, but I would have thought much the same about legalizing marijuana too. Not exactly apples and oranges, I realize, but maybe times are changing.

Don’t forget that laying over the top of all what you mentioned is the PUA technique crowd (pick up artist.) Though folks that take it to the extreme and even push classes on those who are failures at it, they have seemed to find a large following in these recent red pill folks.

I bought a book several years ago on self help and later registered at a site I thought was just around the author and his book. Unbeknownst to me, the author and his books eventually landed on some red pill reading list. i started getting PUA class schedules, upcoming PUA conference guest speakers, etc. It was like getting your inbox inundated with, “the crazy.”

Those pickup artists are hilarious. They think that wearing a feather in your cap like Yankee Doodle Dandy and chipping down women’s self esteem is the Golden path.

You’re right, it’s the same crazy layer. I think it’s where all these fedora wearers came from.

Oh god. That’s the most depressing sub I’ve ever seen. We’re so boned.

Also, I’ve never heard of incels or otherkin before.

I bet Jack the Ripper was an incel.

I’ve been saying earlier that there are a lot of incels who don’t actually buy into all the anti-woman stuff, but are just hanging around the community because they really believe they’re that ugly. Here’s an example:

Clearly this guy had some kind of mental illness, and instead of talking to a reasonable person about it, he found a community that would just encourage him to spiral further downward.

I wanna see pictures of these people. Even the Elephant Man had friends, because he was nice.

My sup took it upon himself to grab a zucchini, stick it between his legs, stroke it, and ask a fellow coworker, “Is this big enough for you?”

I will be getting a new sup I guess!

By “sup” do you mean supervisor at work?

I was going to ask the same!

By this point, I’m going to go ahead and say “former supervisor.” But yes.

Holy crap. The stuff people do at work. It’s work! Be appropriate!

Poor zucchini. Probably just minding it’s own business—it’s tough being a squash in today’s corporate world.