Tell us what's happened to you recently (that's interesting)

I wasn’t there for it, but my biggest question was why anyone would have a zucchini at work. Needless to say, gal was offended, had witnesses, lodged a complaint…what a way to tank a career.

I bring zucchini’s in during the summer when my garden is overflowing with them, so can see it happening, but talk about stupid, stupid, stupid.

We do the same. There is a table where people bring extras from their garden and whatnot.

What a way for that supervisor to act like a grade school idiot, however. @Hal9000, here’s hoping your next sup isn’t bad.

I never updated on this because I didn’t want to jinx it, and I also feel like everyone gets enough baby-related stuff via any other social network. But it turned out that the birth mother had already chosen us, she just wanted to meet us. She told us about her situation and what she knew about her baby, and we were 100% on board, without any hesitation.

Baby is here as of last Tuesday. My wife and I went from zero to parents very quickly! (Although I guess not that quickly, if you factor in the years of trying and the year of fertility treatment).

The adoption won’t be finalized for about five more months, but we’re almost past the point of any legal risk. I feel relieved, and tired, and really happy to be up at three in the morning taking care of my daughter. I’m going to peruse the Games for a Fresh Father thread!

Congratulations! Glad to hear the process worked for you, and here’s hoping there’s no last minute roadblocks waiting!

Congratulations and welcome to parenthood. You absolutely can play a TBS with an infant daughter in your arm (he says from experience).

That’s really wonderful, Sadley. Congratulations, and kudos for adopting.

TBS games were my jam. I played through Unity of Command with my first, but broke trend and did Witcher 3 with my second (a daughter for extra relevance).

The TBS games were easier ;)

But congrats @SadleyBradley. Enjoy it, and remember the cardinal rule. If baby is sleeping, nothing beats taking a nap.

Huge congrats, man!

Congratulations Sadley!

Congrats! I remember playing HOMM2 with my toddler twin boys sitting on my lap. It can be done.

Gratz!!! Two of my friends here in NC went through the adoption process a few years ago, and it amazed me how insanely intensive and stressful it could be, so I know that A) your relief must be extraordinary, and B) that you and your wife have got to be pretty amazing and dedicated (and maybe a little lucky) people to make it through that ordeal successfully. Congratulations!!!

Congratulations, FatherleyBradley!

@tomchick really needs to add “dadley” to his custom title.

Congrats, welcome to the group!

Many grats, Daddy.

You’re not a father, what are you doing making dad jokes!

Nice Bradley! Congrats!

My sister in law and her spouse recently went the adoption route too, but via fostering. They got approved and were in standby for any kids in need. They bought an entire nursery for two premptively, waiting for infants in need. So exciting, so much love to give.

So out of the blue they get a 3 year old and a 1 year old taken in by CPS because the Dad was a giant druggie loser who beat the mom. Real sweet kids, they came to my 1 year olds birthday party and got as many Chuck E Cheese tokens as they liked (the 3 year old any way).

But there was drama. The mother was constantly contacting them, asking about the kids. The little boy was calling out for his mommy every night, truly heartbreaking. Finally the mom got her act together and the kids went right back to her.

So, I suppose it’s good to see the family (minus the loser dad) reunited, but heartbreaking for the foster parents and the kids. It was such an emotional ordeal they have paused their capability to foster while they rethink.

I remember years ago I asked this guy who already had 5 kids of his own why they adopted another 4 kids from overseas rather than locally. His sad response was that most kids from local sources already have narcotics addiction (in vitro drug abuse), were physically or emotionally or sexually abused, etc. Essentially they were from “broken homes” and it’s a massive undertaking. He got all 4 of his adopted kids from China, they are all perfectly healthy, and no possibility of the mom contacting them.

Adoption is hard, yo.

I currently work two jobs, from 9 in the morning until 11:30 at night. They aren’t physical but I do get tired. However, I have learned not to complain as there are numerous people at my second job (3-11:30) who go home to kids and families that require they stay up later than me and get up much earlier than me. No job takes as much time as having little kids.

It’s always great to wake up in the morning and find out two of your friends died overnight. One from pancreatic cancer and welcome. The other from a motorcycle accident at 32.

:(