Tell us what's happened to you recently (that's interesting)

Great to hear, @inactive_user.

Very cool, Tman

My dad’s uncle, his mom’s older brother, owned several beer distribution centers for decades and in the mid-70s, when I was single digits, my dad would take me inside the nearest one’s warehouse and let me sit on his lap as he drove the forklift around. 45 years later I still remember the sounds and how it felt.

Congratz.

Glad it is looking good so far!

Recently, earlier this year, I made a huge mistake by trying to block a few people from my crappy life. I wish they would speak to me again.

I have no idea why I did that, short tempers can make for misery, I guess.

This is probably not interesting enough to be labled (that’s interesting).

@Knightsaber, is there anyway you can reach out to them and let them know that circumstances caused you to make a rash decision which you regret and you realize how much you value them and that you would like them to be a part of your world again?

Yeah, are you sure there is no possibility of rapprochement? Have you approached them at all?

I appear to be blocked from contact, which is fair, since I did the same.

Are there any mutual friends who might be able to lobby on your behalf?

I can’t think of any. They’re both on Qt3, maybe they’ll see this and think about it.

I hope so. Good luck.

I hear that.
I came this close to quitting my job every single day this week due to what I considered to be unwarranted criticism from a superior.

So far, my cooler self has prevailed, but I wonder what tomorrow will bring.

To be fair, we’re severely understaffed (we’re usually understaffed, but lately it’s been ridiculous), and we’re all under a lot of stress. I think it started on Monday when I got my schedule. Seven days straight, 11 hours each day. The overtime is great of course, but I’m getting too old for this shit. Back in my 20’s I’d have eaten that up, but now, my off-time is more important to me.

I’ve got a bunch of vacation hours saved up, but we’re so understaffed that they won’t let me use them.
First world problem, I know. I should be thankful I have a job I guess. And the checks never bounce.

On the bright side, this gives me financial breathing room. I had a heart attack and bypass surgery in 2015, and was out of work for 8 months, and got into some serious debt, resulting in things being very tight. Also on the bright side, I’m still alive. But gee, I want to spend some time doing something besides working. Sorry; got long-winded there.

Wild tangent: I have panic disorder and ridiculous anxiety. This is my biggest fear, and I’ve felt sick to my stomach since I read your reply.

On the flip side, I’ve had multiple EKG’s, stress tests and echo tests that all say this is ridiculously unlikely. And my blood numbers are so sparkly they could be on a princess costume.

Still, that’s me, freak out at a mention of something. Flip the table over when someone least expects it. I really wish brain cybernetics existed. ‘Doc, fix this.’

77 hours of work in one week though? Fuck that. I did that in my 20’s and could barely stay sane then.

Have you considered a medication? I also have anxiety. Right after the election in 2016 I was a wreck. I spoke to my doctor at the time and she prescribed Buspirone. It’s a miracle drug for me. At the first twinge of an attack, one pill, and in 15 min I’m fine. I could take 3 a day but I don’t. I save it for emergency management. My wife even takes a couple to work with her for those days that would leave her miserable.

Edit: To be clear it doesn’t affect you like Valium. There is no high. It just takes away the badness.

Warning: there’s going to be a dumb question at the end of this post. You’ve been warned.

My son had a tough year starting kindergarten last year mostly due to some sensory processing issues, but he’s also recently been diagnosed ADHD. One of the questions we got from his doctor was whether we had a family history of ADHD or anxiety or anything like that and my wife and I couldn’t think of any, then I remembered my father did occasionally suffer from panic attacks. This talk about anxiety makes me wonder how this sort of thing happens, would I have anxiety or attention deficit if my father and son do? Here’s the dumb question: I mean, I’d know if I had some kind of disorder right? I mean, I’d pick up on some kind of symptoms or behavior I would think? Or can this sort of thing just skip generations? You’ll pardon me I hope if I sound stupid but I have pretty much no personal experience with this kind of thing.

Yeah, but lets not get into that. You’d be upset if I told you what sort of meds I’ve been on for 15 years. :) I mean, I’m upset.

Wasn’t there something around ADHD being over-diagnosed and that treatment for it can lead to worse outcomes? A quick googling seems to support this

I must admit I’m skeptical of these diagnoses when the rates of diagnoses seem are so much higher in the US than most other countries.

Sorry. Certainly didn’t intend to upset you.

Yes. Yes, or someone else would. No one knows.

No, no, I mean with the whole mess in general, sir.