Tell us what's happened to you recently (that's interesting)

So the wife wakes me up this morning. She is so happy. So, of course, I am worried.

“I bought you another birthday present! It’s in the garage.”
“Don’t buy me more stuff. Going back to sleep.”

Needless to say, I got up and she had gotten me this.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/CRAFTSMAN-2800-PSI-2-3-GPM-Cold-Water-Gas-Pressure-Washer-CARB/1000397271

Fuck you Discourse.

Quality Honda engine. It’s literally as dangerous as a gun. I have been doing research all day.

So is she a keeper? Maybe this will help the decision.

She had a neighbor come in and build me this thing.

If you don’t already, it seems you got an expansion to the honey-do list coming…

Exactly my first thought

To me that’s the equivalent of getting your wife a vacuum for her birthday.

To answer Rich’s question:. Yes, she’s absolutely a keeper, even if you are getting setup for some work. I’d love for my wife to get me a pressure washer like that :drool:

Went to the grocery store. It’s a bag-your-own place, so I’m down at the end of the aisle plopping my stuff into bags. I’m moving fast, 'cause I take no small amount of pride in my bagging skills and getting the heck out of there before the next customer’s groceries hit the belt.

Moving too fast, as I would soon learn.

I dropped a 2-liter plastic bottle of diet soda. The cap explodes off. The bottle takes off like a rocket, shooting along the freshly polished floor past the other checkstands, leaving a massive rooster tail in its wake. It makes it all the way down to the exit doors, forcing people to scatter to get the hell out of the way. It slid under a rack of sale items that divide the entrance and exits, and finally came to a stop a few yards from produce.

My god it was glorious.

Not sure if I’m allowed back in that store.

That’s just too awesome!

So did you make a hasty exit or just stand there and blink perhaps?

Or maybe a victory dance!

In the aftermath, everything grew still. I expect it’s not dissimilar from the scene of a natural disaster, where everyone is coming to grips with what just happened. It felt like minutes, but was probably only a few seconds. I stared at the trail of soda, and took a deep breath. My face grew hot as everyone’s eyes followed that trail to its clumsy source.

Then, I apologized to everyone in range and slunk the heck out of there.

How can everyone have smartphones and yet no video of this glorious moment!?!

Well, it did happen pretty fast. I’m pretty sure the bottle clocked in at 40mph, minimum. Good point though! I am going to set up some really weird Google alerts just in case.

“Epic WinCo diet soda fail” or maybe “South Sound’s version of a hydroplane”.

just watch the front page of reddit for a “You won’t believe what some dumbass did today at the grocery store where I work” thread

Fist in the air and a loudly roared YEAAAH!

That’s a grocery store. They probably have a camera near the checkouts. They could do us all a favor and release it!

Not really. Vacuums are not fun.

In the absence of camera footage, here’s a dramatic recreation.

http://i47.tinypic.com/w1a4j9.jpg

Tons of rain this week in San Diego. My workplace is at the nexus of two major drainage systems for the surrounding canyons, so many years when it rains heavily in late winter, it floods the streets to a depth of 6 feet or more. It’s happening again right now. Currently, the corner nearby is impassable by automobile. Here’s a hilarious and horrifying timelapse someone took a couple of years ago. The big white building in the background is where I work, and one of those cars leaving is surely mine.

I finally got my shit - and $745 - together and went ahead to become a U.S. Citizen. After getting all my paperwork in… 😕

Awesome… good luck :)