Tell us what's happened to you recently (that's interesting)

Nah, you’re not wrong. Nothing is massively out of line or anything, it’s more of a comment about how much I just don’t care at all because (and there is no way you would have this context) Dude is kinda that guy who always has something going on and I am, as they say, just kinda over it. This was out of nowhere, they’d worked closely together for over a year, and it just surprised me.

And hey, maybe I’m being kind of a petty dick myself right now for the (perfectly cromulent) reasons you stated. And honestly: Thanks for checking me; I have been known to wreck myself in the absence of such in the past.

Anyway, good thing I’m confining my bitching to a little light-hearted Internet complaining outside of my real-life social circle ;)

Also: You’re very welcome for “vaguebooking.” I know you have a deep-seated need for neologisms about dipshit things people do on social media, and I’m glad to be able to help you fulfill it.

No, it’s not my intention to call you out or tell you you’re wrong, I just kind of can’t help applying your situation to my own. I have friends that don’t really enjoy each others’ company so I end up more or less compartmentalizing them. Which isn’t hard really, in fact it would be more difficult to get them together. But I guess I just kind of shrug and figure hey, not everybody’s going to be friends, whaddayagonnado.

I really can’t help but analyze these little quirks of language. They intrigue me so.

I’m with you. There are a few friends of friends I don’t care for. When we get together at someone else’s get together I just behave myself, mostly. heh. I’m still me after all, but there are no fireworks.

I’d say it’s perfectly normal for adults to handle ourselves in the space of others we don’t like, but there really are some pretty big red flag exceptions which no one would know about unless one of them told the others.

I got to visit Fangoria HQ and hang out with Tony Todd this week. As a lifelong horror fan, it was a pretty special experience.

Aw damn, I’d love to meet Tony Todd. Candyman is one of my favorite horror films.

I got to witness these in action. The repeated “incoming” phrase has a fine way of getting your attention at night when you’re in an unarmored vehicle in the middle-of-nowhere without any T-walls or bunkers nearby. Very cool to see them shooting at night. Also got an impact-blast picture later on.

wtf is that? like a phalanx gun put on a truck to blast incoming mortar rounds?

It’s a C-RAM, but yeah, basically a CIWS that’s behind t-walls on a platform. It uses high explosive tracer rounds though. My position is a high-value target so we have a couple of them right close by.

I’ve seen them used successfully and not so successfully…got some “artwork” from a miss on the T-wall a block over.

Very cool technology, but disconcerting at night when they auto-activate upon sensing a ballistic trajectory and suddenly the warbling siren is going off with “INCOMING INCOMING INCOMING ROCKET ATTACK INCOMING INCOMING INCOMING” and then “BRRRRTTTT BRRRRTTTT.”

I do like it when a minute later you here the “OUTGOING OUTGOING OUTGOING” alarm. They return-target to within a meter.

That’s like my ass after a very greasy meal.

Bro.5

I moved from Southern California to Columbus, OH and bought a house right by the new Bridge Street/Downtown Dublin area. My oldest starts public school in the fall. On to the next stage of life!

Quite a shift! I drive through Columbus now and then to visit family in Indianapolis. Hands down my favorite quick food stop is Bibibop, a local-ish chain which is basically Chipotle with Korean rice bowls.

Doesn’t Eric Clapton live in Columbus? I’m sure he has houses everywhere but I think his wife is from Columbus so they have a residence there.

Welcome back to the CBus!

He doesn’t live here full time, but has a big house just down the river from ElG’s new place.

Hey man! cool beans to see you back again! Missed your voice on here.

Move go OK?

Yes, everything went great!

Also, super enjoyed RDR2. I’ll have to catch up on that thread.

For CBus people, we have a game night at my brother’s fairly often. If you’re interested I’ll get you an invite… Perhaps a beer somewhere nearby first…

That place is great. I can see it taking off as a franchise.

I’m trying to land a job at Victoria’s Secret (HQ is in CBus, east side) as a panty inspector… just kidding, IT manager. I worked there before as a project manager so fingers crossed!

I used to visit Columbus annually for the Midwest Haunters Convention. Unfortunately, this year they’ve moved it to Chicago, which will be a much further drive for me. I liked it being in Columbus, as did a lot of vendors who are local to the state. Ah well.

When I was younger, I went there to visit the very first Wendy’s restaurant and attached museum (long story). I believe that’s been torn down now.

Yes, Wendy’s HQ is also in Columbus! It was founded here. Along with The Limited, Battele (Top Secret Research Lab), and Oyo Vodka/Spirits, as well as the less exciting Narionwide Insurance.

Are you in the haunted house industry?