Tell us what's happened to you recently (that's interesting)

Not that big of a bump, the last one was 565cc. But having a proper engine and gearbox, the riding posture, it’s a whole different ball game. I love it. Will be interesting in the winter though, the legs won’t be shielded from the rains like in the scooter’s footrests.

“Central Asia” and “on business.” But yes, effectively an Iron Dome of sorts.

I was up at my local farmer’s market earlier today, saw a street musician singing and playing his guitar, and he had some cds to sell. I noticed one of his cds was titled “Busker Do.” I thought that was funny enough to share.

That’s a beautiful cycle. Can I ask where you live that you can ride year round?

I broke my left pinky toe yesterday - something I discovered after smashing it in the morning, thinking it was just stubbed and then seeing it black and swollen after mowing.

Of course, I took off my shoes and socks so as not to contrict it. That evening I ambled into the garage to get some grilling supplies…

… and swung my right pinky toe right into a brick. After cursing, I had to laugh.

I walk like an old duck now.

The GFs daughter is graduating from high-school this Friday and we are having a drop-in party on Sunday. I was tasked with scrubbing the patio today. I was told to get a scrub brush and some kind of wash.

I asked the guys at the hardware store and they pointed me at some acid wash. There were several. I asked which one was the least likely to kill me and they actually had to huddle up and think about it. I was not filled with confidence.

Anyway, scrub done. Only feeling a wee bit lightheaded. Don’t plan on sitting on the patio anytime soon.

Israel. Our winter is a month or two of some rain.
Not even cold, only a bit wet.

No wonder the place is so hotly contested.

A millennia or more ago the climate in the Middle East was much nicer, or so I’ve read.

The singular of millenium is millenium, millennia is the plural. Y

eah it used to be wetter there, the north African coast used to be wooded. Climate change isn’t anything new, its a constant factor in history all through the ages. That does not mean we(humanity) shouldn’t be working towards curbing our current part in causing it.

Good lord, @Enidigm, be careful!

Hi from the Bay Area! I don’t travel as much for work as I used to but I get to take a class this week. Woohoo!

Welcome! I’m as tired as one can be and I’ve lost my faith repeatedly in mankind, but otherwise I’m fine. And you?

You too? Man, I thought I was the only one.

https://i.imgur.com/R1fdEt3.gif

I had an aunt named Mildred. She was stern and something of a bible-thumper.

Went razor clamming this past weekend on the coast with my sons & friends. Between the 7 of us, we limited every day. That’s 105 Razor clams! For those not familiar - razors are about 3-6 inches long, can dig 12 inches per minute - so when you start digging for them, you need to be quick! (pic not mine)

You dig them with a Clam gun that looks like this or you can use a shovel, but shovels are for young people who are wearing waterproof coveralls. I used to use a shovel, but clam guns are a lot easier.

The hard & laborious part was cleaning them, but with everyone pitching in, it only took about 2 hours.

And they were glorious! First night we fried them in a light panko crust. Yesterday fresh chowder.

So worth it!

Accidentally tossed a can in the garbage while prepping dinner pre-GoT last night. Went to fish it out of the garbage so I could recycle it and sliced my finger open pretty good. Knew immediately that I’d either need stitches, or have to wrap it tight and let it bleed for days, so went the stitches route.

For some reason, half the wound refused to get numbed despite multiple injections by the doc, so I got to feel every needle prick, and the entire process of them stitching through my finger tip. That was most unpleasant, and I don’t recommend it to anyone.

Nice! I haven’t gone yet this year, and didn’t get any razor clams when I went a few times last year, mostly cockles and gapers.

Where did you go, Tilamook bay, or further north to Cannonball beach?

Holy fuck dude. What doesnt kill you makes you stronger huh? Well at least tougher. Aint much gonna hurt more than that eh.