Tell us what's happened to you recently (that's interesting)

Why do Americans need to have guns feature in every aspect of their existences? Sheesh!

As far as I’m concerned, Razors are only Cannon beach & Northwards. I think many native Oregonian beach residents tell non-beach residents that you can get Razors as far south as Tillamook, but they are lying to you. Even the ODFW are in on it, giving descriptions of open areas for Razor’s as far south as Newport.

It is Oregon’s version of snipe hunting. (for the record, I have tried two low tides around Tillamook, both times we were the only ones on the beach & saw zero clams).

Really? Wow, the couple times I went to Tilamook I got my daily limit in under an hour, and it was pretty crowded. I was up by Garibaldi, the docks up there. Lots of Cockles, decent number of gapers, and steamers galore if you want. Even got a few purple varnish.

Might have to go north to try for razors though. Am getting the urge for some chowder :)

There are tons of cockles & gapers in the mudflats - I’m talking Razers. There are NO razers on Tilamook beaches. I would love to be proven wrong by someone who can limit (15 clams) in that area. But like I said, both times we were there at low tide, there was no one on the beaches.

I don’t know what you’re talking about, I went down to Tillamook a few weeks back and I bagged probably a half dozen of these bad boys:

What’s the best place to dig for Logitechs?

Pshaw, those are too easy to get by just pulling on the cord. Brag when you can get the wireless versions.

@ineffablebob came over with 2 wonderful kids he’s tutoring. It always warms my heart getting to share frop bog with people, especially kids. Seeing big eyes and bright smiles on them is the best thing ever.

See his post here: Ever wondered what life is like in the Frop Bog?

So, yesterday I voted in our local elections. I wish I did a bit more home work about who I was voting for, but I think I got most of the people I wanted. As this is GOP strong hold, I doubt my vote helped much, sadly. Then again, turn out was super low.

Two things came up about it that were interesting (in my mind). First, when I told my 5 year that I was voting, she asked if we would have cake afterwards! This was because, during the last election, I spotted a Labor Day Ice Cream cake at Aldi with an American Flag (on sale, because, you know, labor day was a while ago) and we had it to celebrate voting. Anyway, I thought it was super sweet that she remembered.

The second was how many people ran unopposed. It made me really sad. So, I did what I always do when someone runs unopposed. I wrote in my wife. I think she’d do an excellent job in any of those positions. Fingers crossed, maybe she win!

So. Recently I had a basic doctor’s appointment. Of course I also had a full blood work up. Seems that while everything else was fine, my creatine was way high. It was 2.7. Normal is like .9. So I was sent for a new creatine panel and a kidney ultrasound. Doc and I discussed why this would be. During the discussion I mentioned that I was taking Aleve, two a day, for back pain. He essentially told me to stop all meds. So I did.

Today I went in for the results. My creatine is down to 1.7, still high, but better. I have stopped the pills and am drinking more water.

OTOH the ultrasound shows a lump? something in my right kidney that may either be a normal structure or a something?

So I’m going for a CAT scan. Doc says it may very well be a simple structure in my kidney. Worst case, it’s a tumor. Worst worst case, the big C.

I guess we will see.

Good luck man. Sending positive vibes from nyc.

Hoping it’s nothing.

Its a xenomorph egg. You better start on a regimen of high doses of psylocibin, amphetamines, coffee and tequila. No more water. Tequila.

It’s funny. I have many things under control. Blood pressure, cholesterol, blood sugar. All are fine. My liver is fine.

So my kidneys are gonna fuck with me? Paging @Brooski

Good luck Rich, I hope it’s nothing serious for you.

I sure as hell hope not, for their sake. Knowing you, you’d fuck ‘em right back!

Very sorry to hear about that, Rich. There are a number of reasons for your creatinine to be elevated that are relatively benign, and while I’m not a nephrologist, I tell patients that it’s not worth speculating or evaluating hypothetical scenarios until you have data. Get the test, then see. I know, easy for me to say.

Keep us posted, man.

Hopefully nothing serious. Like, a lost tiny medical team, at worst.

Missed this. Good luck, Rich.

That was your first mistake.

Do you realize how much more fucking relaxed you would be right now if you had never gone in to see him?!? Everything would be just fucking fine!

Stay away from the fucking doctors, man!

Not sure if I’m missing a joke or you are a nutcase. Time, as always, will tell.