Tempest open world pirate action rpg

I think it’s fun. It’s not the greatest game in the world or even the tall ship genre, but it scratches the crazy pirate itch. I’ve heard of occasional tech issues, but thankfully have dodged them.

Lookit you guys, new DLC.

Wow! I can’t believe Lion’s Shade / HeroCraft is still developing for this game, that’s awesome. The ability to found/build/run your own settlement sounds pretty cool, and there is a new ship type (Grim Reaper) to collect as well. Thanks for the heads up!

Tempest was one of my “hidden gems” from a couple of years ago when I played around 40+ hours of it. The DLC for the game add decent amounts of content for the price. I would highly recommend waiting for a sale or bundle to purchase though. With the new DLC out, I would expect the base game and other DLC to be bundled or on sale again fairly soon.

Yeah, I’m surprised by the continued support, as well. The game doesn’t scream “cash cow,” but it’s undeniably fun for me.

Seems there are still dozens of people playing!

https://steamcharts.com/app/418180

It’s doing about as well as Star Control: Origins to cross the meltdown streams.

You guys make me feel guilty for playing my games in offline mode when you post stuff like that, lol

How critical is the Jade Sea expansion? I don’t like the chinese/oriental setting, especially when it comes to naval combat, so I was thinking of skipping it and getting the pirate city alone.

They are completely independent of one another, so you are fine buying Pirate City and skipping Jade Sea.

This game is still getting patches!

Wow!!

You dirty spammer!

It’s a legitimate post about an update! :D

I can’t believe we lost both wumpus and amandachen because of this stupid thread.

They left voluntarily. It would have been something else, probably, if not this.

Didn’t Wumpus leave due to a combination of how the site was moderated without committee combined with some mental health concerns?

No, we lost both because Wumpus is an ass.

I mean, some of us got free copies of Tempest out of it…

I came across other posts of @amandachen when sharing some thoughts on old games I played this weekend - was bummed to realize she left years ago.