Temple Of Elemental Evil = $17

Thanks for the replies.

Amen.

After “awakening” to the mind-numbing boredom of KOTOR, I’ve really found myself on the anti-Bioware side. Talk about a shovelware dev house.[/quote]
LOL whatever.

olaf

KoTOR seems like an above average game so far, but it’s nowhere near as good as I would have expected from comments on this forum. Lots of stupid cut scenes, and feels very linear so far. No to mention, stupid plot elements like the swoop bike race (blech).

Amen.

After “awakening” to the mind-numbing boredom of KOTOR, I’ve really found myself on the anti-Bioware side. Talk about a shovelware dev house.[/quote]
LOL whatever.

olaf[/quote]
We all know Bioware’s writing, especially when it comes to quests and character development, differs so noticably between game to game! And their stories are so original and engaging too!

:roll:

I fail to see what this has to do with the topic, yon Ace of “Stroking.”

Next time you disagree with me, you should try making what you consider to be logical and intelligent points so I can meticulously rip them apart and expose you for the idiot you are.

In other words: stuff it, jackass.

Well, uh, thanks for your pity. I guess.

I fail to see what this has to do with the topic, yon Ace of “Stroking.”

Next time you disagree with me, you should try making what you consider to be logical and intelligent points so I can meticulously rip them apart and expose you for the idiot you are.

In other words: stuff it, jackass.[/quote]

Well… someone has become hypersensitive about their handle. I’m not naming any names, and I certainly didn’t just quote that someone.

To my knowledge, Mark Twain was never a Tribes server admin.

It’s just assinine and frustruating. If you can convince me that mocking my handle is both mature and intelligent, I’ll stop reacting to it.

Um… Is there any way to convince you that your handle is neither mature nor intelligent?

Seriously, I have nothing against you at all my Lord, but you should really expect some mocking when you choose a handle like that. Chill out a bit.
:wink:

Look who’s talking, “Bub, Andrew”. It’s a well known fact that it’s immature and stupid use your real name on a message board. To be mature and intelligent, you need to pick something like a cheesy fantasy name or, better yet, an obscure ancient Greek philosopher.

Heh, the “Ebonstone” doesn’t bother me so much. I’m used to people using their D&D names on message boards. It’s the whole “Lord” thing that makes my eyes roll.

Showing here: :roll:

I wish I could put ‘Lord’ in front of my name. Or maybe ‘Prince’. That’d be keen. I could be ‘-=+Super Lord Prince King Quatoria+=-’. The extra stuff denotes I’m a super duper admin of everything, n’ stuff. Yeah. That’d rock. I’d be so cool… maybe I’d put that on my business cards, or design a snazzy logo…it would be beautiful and intriguing.

You can’t have my comma.

So you’re saying it’s my fault you’re an asshole?

I’ll chill when the ad hominem crap quits.

Wouldn’t that be ad nominem crap in this case?

Ad nauseum.

You have a right to your opinion regarding the quality of their games, but I think it’s unfair to classify BioWare as a “shovelware” development house just because you didn’t like KotOR (and then to start bitching about other people making ad hominem attacks… the irony cuts like a knife). They clearly spend a lot of time, money, and manpower on their games.

I did like the ToEE combat system better than the one from the Infinty Engine games. I liked the KotOR combat system a lot, too, though I don’t think it would work as well with larger parties.

I say shovelware because they re-use the same character archetypes, plots, and quests in their games. While Bioware has undoubtedly revitalized the RPG genre, they have not advanced it.

How this is an ad hominem attack on Bioware eludes me. From my standpoint, I see Bioware’s games as being hackneyed and reptitive–color me strange, but I don’t see the joy in KOTOR. Pieces of the map to the Star Forge spread across the galaxy? I think Mario 64 and its 120 Stars did that storyline a million times better over five years ago.

In short, Bioware hasn’t advanced the genre. They’re successful, no doubt, and I can see why people like them (just like I can see why people like The Sims) but I don’t think they’ve done much to help RPGs advance. Until they do, I think I’ll be keeping away from their products.

The problem may be that you are using the term shovelware incorrectly. Even if you don’t like BioWare games, they don’t constitute shovelware by any definition I found:

1. Shovelware is content taken from any source and put on the Web as fast as possible with little regard for appearance and usability.

2. Content from an existing medium (such as a newspaper or book) that has been dumped wholesale into another medium (such as a CD-ROM or the Web).

3. When the CD-ROM was developed for computers, publishers demonstrated a similar lack of vision as they pressed it into service as a distribution medium for existing books and encyclopedias. Indeed, that behavior prompted reviewers of CD-ROMs to coin a derisive term to describe the products of such tunnel vision: shovelware. Now used more broadly, shovelware can refer to any content shoveled from one communication medium to another with little regard for the appearance, ease of use, or capabilities of the second medium.

4. Extra software dumped onto a CD-ROM or tape to fill up the remaining space on the medium after the software distribution it’s intended to carry, but not integrated with the distribution.

And so forth…