Temporary tattoos - any recommendations?

I’ve found some services (like StrayTats) on the internets which allow you to submit your own design and create a temporary tattoo for you. I like that idea a lot.

Any experience with these? Is the tattoo/sticker material breathable or will it itch?

Don’t.

I’m sure you can find plenty of good ideas here. Link is NSFW at times.

What’s the problem here? The word “temporary” would imply that he’s not making any kind of life changing mistake.

Bill, I’m not asking about ideas for tattoos, but about the temporary tattoo technology and its providers, and people’s experience with it.

Why? I’m certainly not getting a permanent tattoo

I’ve got a bunch of pirate ships and sports scenes left over from a kid’s bday party if you want them.

Well, I’ve never had custom ones made because they’re a bit expensive imo, especially for the scene that I wanted (an alligator fighting a flaming mummy on the deck of U-boat that’s being dragged to the ocean floor by a giant squid). But I’ve used temp tattoos before and they’re not itchy at all and will wash off in a couple of days. They look pretty good but are shinier than real tattoos since it’s basically a decal on top of your skin.

Henna is an option. I’ve seen some really nice work done with that. That may be a bit outside the scope of what you’re looking for, though.

Go all the way! Tattoos are like bumper stickers - if you’re going to slap one on, go right ahead! There’s a reason we have regret, why waste it? Temporary tattoos are for sissies!

Okay, that’s what I wanted to know, thanks!

When my kids are older, can they spend a summer with you and soak in all that hard-earned life’s wisdom?

I’m mostly being sarcastic, but sure! I’m a wonderful influence on children. Everyone needs the crazy uncle with a disreputable upbringing.

But seriously - with regards to temporary tattoos, my experience is secondhand but the closer you get to ones that look real, the more they tend to be skin-irritating if you’re prone to that kind of stuff. If it’s just for fun or you’re trying out a design to see how it looks on you - yeah, go wild.

Although I wonder now if there’d be a market for Photoshop-based pre-tattooing services. “Want to know how that design will look on you? Send us a photo and we’ll show you for a low price of $9.99…”

Don’t listen to him! I’ll do it for $8.99!