3. Resident Evil 2 Remake.
  4. Dying Light 2.
  5. Gears 5.
  6. The Last Of Us 2.
  7. Cyberpunk 2077.
  8. Anthem.
  9. Sekiro: Shadows Die twice.
  10. Kingdom Hearts 3.

UnderRail expansion, Cyberpunk 77, maybe the new From game as well.

Spire of Sorcery – Every update makes me more optimistic about this game. Looks like a closed beta this winter and early access in the spring? WAY more promising than anything else.

Wizards and Warlords – In Early Access now, and I have played it a little. Lots to like, and I’m thinking the Warlords side of it may be the more promising in the long run. I’m liking the world he is developing. Not all that close to being done, though.

Deity Empires – Masters of Magic on steroids. Actually, it has released, but I have played it quite a bit, and I would call it Early Access. Developer says he is so busy adding new content that he has not yet had time to document the very deep systems. Not a fan of the UI, but if he fixes that and documents the game, it has game of the year potential.

Thea 2 – Out on Early Access, but the little bit I have toyed with it, it felt very, very Early Access to me.

The Iron Oath – I backed this on Kickstarter, and am still very optimistic it will turn out to be something different in the RPG genre

Iratus: Lord of the Dead – Some of the mechanics of Darkest Dungeon, but I am hoping they avoid the pitfalls

Imperator: Rome – I am always let down by Paradox games, but I never learn :) Probably cannot match my favorite game of this year, Aggressors: Ancient Rome, but Aggressors avoids the politics of the era, and I can’t help hoping maybe Imperator will make that interesting.

Jon Shafer’s At the Gates – No idea how it will turn out, but I will certainly give it a shot.

Age of Wonders: Planetfall – Another series that always disappoints me, and I am not all that keen on dark future worlds of super machines. But this game does look well designed.

1. Rebel Galaxy Outlaw
  2. The Outer Worlds
  3. Cyberpunk 2077 (though I really doubt it will release in 2019)
  4. Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order
  5. Beyond Good and Evil 2

Other than that, nothing I’m really looking forward to. Reserving judgement for Anthem. Depending on how much there is available for solo play I may pick it up.

My list is almost identical to FinnegansFather’s but I’ll throw in 10 Crowns because Soren Johnson.

Seconded.

I tend to think of this as “That Which Sleeps Which Works.” Or so I hope.

And Burden of Command. Don’t know if it releases in 2019 or not.

Phoenix Point, with all my heart.

My last hope for TBS Squad tactics after Phantom Doctrine and Mutant Year Zero. If someone can do it, it’s Mr. Gollop. Yeah!

Oh, yeah, didn’t know there was hope that 10 Crowns was coming out this year. I can find no info on it beyond the initial announcement earlier this year. But if it is coming out in '19, well yes!!!

Thea 2
Imperator: Rome
Ancient Cities
At the Gates
10 Crowns*
Mount and Blade 2* (even though I never managed to get anywhere in the original.)
Spires of Sorcery*

Metro, Doom Eternal, Mount & Blade 2, Dying Light 2.

At the Gates
Mount and Blade 2
Samurai Shodown
AOW Planetfall
Freedom Planet 2
Pixel Princess Blitz

UBOAT