Tennis 2018: How long can the old guard keep going?

Isner/Mahut 2.0?

So Anderson just fell over, dropped his racquet, stood up and played a shot left handed and then won the point. Because why the fuck not?

Yeah, that’s one for the ages. And it seems to be the catalyst he needed.

And done. Anderson has to do it all again in on Sunday? I guess Wimbledon will change its rules on this sometime soon.

They combined for 102 aces. That’s 25.5 service games with nothing but aces.

So 4+ sets. Good grief.

If Isner-Mahut didn’t spark any rule changes I’m not sure why this would.

The U.S. Open is the only slam to have a fifth-set tiebreaker. It’s been that way for ages. I can’t read the mind of Wimbledon officials but so far this sort of thing has been par for the course.

Bet you a quid :)

These guys, now, they’re playing some tennis.

Yes, these are the droids we were looking for.

And suspended until tomorrow, with Djoker leading 2 sets to 1. I predict the winner will beat Anderson in straight sets on Sunday. This is the real final.

Agree. And it was great tennis after the Isner/Anderson extended exchange of artillery.

The third set the breaker in the Nadal-Djokovic match is one of the most exciting tiebreaker I’ve seen.

I really do love the fifth set tiebreak at the US open, it really makes the US open feel unique. But I normally also love these extended 5th sets in the other Majors. But I have to agree with Anderson yesterday, that in situations like his match, it was kind of ridiculous.

But you know what, it’s 7-6 on serve in the Nadal-Djokovic match fifth set, and each game here is amazingly tense and exciting, so I’m back to loving extended 5th sets.

Uh-Oh, two match points. Come on Nadal!

Oh man, Nadal falls on the run at Love-30 on his serve, which leads to Love-40 and then a Djokovic win. What a match. An all time classic for sure.

With reference to my above comments that ESPN always seems to forget about all matches except for finals, hopefully they won’t forget this one.

And it’s Djokovic. Glad to see that, Nadal and Fed have won the last six majors. I’m glad to see Djokovic hungry again and playing well.

The tie break could be after 12 games or something, right? So you’d still get lots of manly suffering, but then I could get the tea on.

True. They could set it at something appropriately high like 17 all in the fifth.

Ok, so Kerber vs Serena. I’ll be pulling for Serena but I love the Kerber comeback in this tournament too. She was doing so good until she had a terrible 2017, but she’s been on a comeback trail this year. And of course, Serena is also on a comeback after giving birth.

Like Federer, age will most certainly catch up to Serena sometime soon, so I hope she can be at her best again for a while.

Serena looks pretty outclassed to me right now. She’d better shape up fast, or this one is over.