Terminator: Genisys - Arnie, Khaleesi, Jai, and T-1000

Maybe they can handle the action sequences like Big Trouble in Little China did.

“Whoa Sarah Connor, how did you get out of that death trap?”
“Wasn’t easy!”

Didn’t he just use a stunt double for action sequences anyway? It’s not like Arnold was doing that. Nor should he.

You tell Arnie that he’s too old. :)

Sounds like it’s going to ignore T3 and Salvation as well:

Awe, I sorta liked T3.

Yeah, but if you’re bringing back Linda Hamilton, you pretty much have to ignore T3:

I liked it, too. People were too hard on it. It had some great action scenes, effects, pacing was good and I liked female Terminator.

Who remembers the story of T3…

:p

I remember Arnold walking around with a coffin and a machine gun blowing up all the things.

That’s all you need!

Kristanna Loken was a pretty terrible terminator, but that was mostly due to how dumb the character was. “No, see, she’s a female terminator! And she can turn her arm into a plasma gun because reasons! Also, her boobs inflate at will!”

I do love the Tom & Jerry “BONNNNG!” sound effect when the veterinarian truck hits the inflatable yard toy during the big car chase.

Man I didn’t BT remember anything about T3, I don’t know if that’s just because I found it utterly unmemorable or so terrible I hit the purge button.

But I did kind of like Salvation! Thought it had some cool ideas, and decent action.

I fell asleep during the one with Christian Bale. Was that Salvation?

Yup. That’s the one with the terminator motorcycles and open-heart cyborg surgery.

Don’t forget the super big giant terminator!

Scene from a Terminator movie or a Transformers movie? You decide!

That is definitely a Terminator movie, there are no robot dinosaurs nor swords.

I thought maybe it was Pacific Rim for a minute.

I liked T3, but it was an action comedy with completely different vibe and I do not in any way consider it canon. It had a great ending though.

Salvation was completely meh. I hated that they finally set a terminator movie in the post-apo future, and proceeded making it absolutely nothing like it looked in original two films. Fuck salvation.

And genisys was somehow even worse, just pure parodic dumbness.

But to be honest I am not too thrilled about any possible new Cameron terminator. I love the first two films but they feel complete, and I am not sure Cameron still has it. Avatar was a decade ago and even that is a movie I saw once and never felt a desire for a rewatch.

James Cameron isn’t directing. Tim Miller (Deadpool) is doing the honors. Cameron is producing and writing.

That…doesn’t actually make it better, because my issues with Avatar were mostly in its ho-hum script. Direction-wise it was stellar, at least from what I remember of it.

Though Tim Miller seems like a great director (from his blur and deadpool work) so I am definitely not gonna complain about him. And of course, I am gonna give Cameron benefit of the doubt. I love five of his seven films, after all.