Terminator: Resistance - FPS, particles, lens flares

Developed by Reef Entertainment.

Looks interesting. Hope it’s good as that could be a lot of fun.

It looks…well, rather generic. Nice, and I’d probably play it, as it’s the type of game I like, but I saw pretty much nothing in that trailer that makes me giddy with excitement.

Keep in mind that the studio’s claim to fame is the hilariously janky Rambo game from 2014.

yech.

Good to know the franchise is in capab-- Well, it’s in hands anyway.

Are big franchises like this given to contractors who put in the lowest bids?

The first shooter that I know of done in this setting was Terminator: Future Shock, by Bethesda, back in 1995 or so. They did a sequel as well. Not sure what happened with the franchise since then.

I don’t remember that game.

Metacritic score of 48. Ouch.

Here’s Eurogamer:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/terminator-salvation-review

Interesting that despite it being absolutely crap, people in the comments wanted to play it just for the achievements.

well ill rent it for an easy platinum trophy, dont be suprised if the ps3 version outsells the 360 based on the fact that its the easiest platinum trophy u could ever ask 4

Terminator Future Shock was ahead of its time. I wonder if this is more linear CoD style or will be the sort of semi open world of those older Bethesda games.

Imagine the days when people had more time than video games to play.

I bought Terminator: Resistance, for full price.

Three reasons, basically:

1. ggmanlives posted about it:

“Finished Terminator Resistance. If you’re a fan of the first two Terminator films, this is a must to play. Review should be up tomorrow.”

1. I love T1/T2 to death and I need something Terminator in my life that will overwrite the bad taste of DF

2. The developers are polish which I just found out and that’s cool, I have a soft spot for polish dev scene

Fingers crossed that I will enjoy it and won’t have to refund it.

Reviews mention its probably the best Terminator game ever released…

I laughed at the line “I’ve made phone calls on smarter androids than this”.

Which says a lot about how terrible Terminator games have been, since he concluded that it’s “Bad”.

But is it “bad” like you don’t want to play it, or is it “bad” like a cheesy B-movie you know is drek but you love anyway? That’s always the question. In any event, looks like a title to be picked up on sale perhaps.

Better than T2 pinball?

I played 30 minutes (just to test it, I want to get through Fallen Order first) and impressions ok so far, sure you can see the low budget in facial animations and voice acting, but it seems like it could be a fun, atmospheric terminator FPS. I like that it has voiced protagonist, even with some dialogue choices here and there, some resource management…compared to their previous game, the onrails Rambo shooter, this is a big step forward :)

The Bethesda games like Future Shock were good for their time. Future Shock was even the first PC FPS to use mouselook (though I think Marathon may have had it prior on MAC)