Terminator: Resistance - FPS, particles, lens flares

I was about to pick this up but now I’m on the fence between it and Aliens Fireteam.

I’m the guy paralysed by indecision who get us over-run!

Why not both gif?

This is much better and more substantial than Fireteam. But of course, Fireteam has co-op. But in my opinion it sucks worse than Colonial Marines.

That Terminator game was the very definition of a solid AA game. More if its ilk would be welcome.

I quite enjoyed Colonial Marines :)

Did you play it with the overhaul mod/patch?

The AI fix? No - I did try that later, and didn’t think it made much difference tbh.

Ok, I picked this up. Commence resistancing!

And done :) 13 hours. As everyone says, a cool effort with less than AAA resources being used well. Everything you have to do is sensible for the setting with no fluff. Will keep an eye out for DLC.

Resistance’s John Connor DLC is about to be revealed.

Great, been waiting for this one to get down to $15, or ideally be given away on Epic or Game Pass. New paid DLC makes that much more likely.

Oh right. John Connor eventually turns into an adult. I keep thinking of him as a kid.

Releases December 10 on PC and PS5.

Sold.

Well darn, thats how you announce something and make me drool, make it so its only a few weeks away, so its all i think about.

Same, here, this game was a real surprise and one of my favorites from the last couple of years. Really enjoyed it, it oozed Terminator atmospshere. Now I have an excuse to play it all over again. Still at 92% favorable on Steam - not very many games can claim that.

Seems like the Terminator future world is far more suitable for a game than for a movie.

Terminator: Salvation was pretty good until it went off the rails in the last 3rd of it. I really enjoyed the first 2/3rds though.

Couldn’t resist the steam sale so I picked this up. I’m not sure my nerves can handle it. The game does capture the setting well.

Yeah I think I’m going to bite on this as well.