Terminator: Resistance - FPS, particles, lens flares

And done :) 13 hours. As everyone says, a cool effort with less than AAA resources being used well. Everything you have to do is sensible for the setting with no fluff. Will keep an eye out for DLC.

Resistance’s John Connor DLC is about to be revealed.

Great, been waiting for this one to get down to $15, or ideally be given away on Epic or Game Pass. New paid DLC makes that much more likely.

Oh right. John Connor eventually turns into an adult. I keep thinking of him as a kid.

Releases December 10 on PC and PS5.

Sold.

Well darn, thats how you announce something and make me drool, make it so its only a few weeks away, so its all i think about.

Same, here, this game was a real surprise and one of my favorites from the last couple of years. Really enjoyed it, it oozed Terminator atmospshere. Now I have an excuse to play it all over again. Still at 92% favorable on Steam - not very many games can claim that.

Seems like the Terminator future world is far more suitable for a game than for a movie.

Terminator: Salvation was pretty good until it went off the rails in the last 3rd of it. I really enjoyed the first 2/3rds though.

Couldn’t resist the steam sale so I picked this up. I’m not sure my nerves can handle it. The game does capture the setting well.

Yeah I think I’m going to bite on this as well.

Looks great!

I played through Annihilation Line, and it’s ok. The aesthetics are still terrific - I think the Californa-on-fire look of the actual line is new, and looks great. There’s some decent setpieces, it still has the same setpiece-to-wide-corridor approach of the main campaign, but the truncated progression robs it of some impact. Also, while the original campaign did a good job of coloring in the lines in a pretty clever way, I think bringing Reese into this tips it over into bad fanfiction territory.

From what I read, it is pretty much a stand-alone megamission and doesn’t integrate into the main playthrough? Sort of like the DLC for Human Revolution before the Director’s Cut integrated it. Takes away a bit of the desire to pick it up.

Yes, and I don’t like that. But I love the game, love the work the developer did, so I will get it, replay the game and then play the DLC at the appropriate point to sort of imperfectly blend it in. I’ve been wanting replay the game, plus use a different difficulty setting so it’s all good for me for the most part.

I’ll probably pick it up on a sale eventually. I liked the game, and had fun with it, but it wasn’t that long ago so I’m not quite ready to replay it.

And now a very grey RTS?