Terra Nil (2023): an intricate environmental strategy game about transforming a barren wasteland into a thriving, balanced ecosystem

New game website:

Ye Prototype of Olde:

Watches trailer. 3.28? That’s tomorrow!

And its on Netflix??

All of Netflix’s games are mobile, so that means you’ll be able to play it free on iOS and Android if you have a Netflix subscription.

Never knew this! What else do they have? Anything good?

They are hiring people to work on documentation and other things pretty aggressively, too.

Yeah, quite a few good games. They published Into the Breach and and Immortality and the new TMNT game for mobile. There’s a roguelike platformer called Poinpy that’s quite good. Apparently there’s a new Valiant Hearts game, too? I didn’t even know about that. If you go to the Netlifx mobile app you can browse them there.

If you’re into match-3 games, cats, and knitting, there’s a game called Knittens that has gotten its crochet hooks into my wife.

Arcanium is another one, a deckbuilder.

I’m only into one of those three things and the name alone makes me want to try it.

I played this on my phone (Netflix just takes you to the Play Store, where you can install it). Playing as a Gardener (easy). I like it much better than the PC demo. Remember how I couldn’t scroll the map on PC without your help Qt3? No such problems on the phone, everything is really intuitive and easy to interface.

That is great to hear.

Wow, Netflix hasn’t done much of a job promoting these. Had no idea. Just played like 18 levels of the cat/yarn game because Match 3 is fun mindless gaming while watching TV.

There’s some good stuff in here.

So you say, finally the Netflix subscription my family bullied me into during covid has something to offer also for me? I was searching for an excuse to terminate it, but now I have an excuse not to… [sleek smile]

Terra Nil makes my phone very warm.

Tried to grab this for Android via Netflix and weirdly (and very specifically) it is not supported for my Samsung S22 Ultra. I wonder why that model in particular?

Is the cat yarn one on Netflix too?

Same. But to be fair, every game I’ve ever played on my phone makes my phone very warm.

Odd, my much older S10 it works fine, other than making my phone very hot.

Yep!

If you click into this one, you can then click the publisher name to see all the other offerings they have.