Terriers (FX)

[Sister]: I’m his pity date… but we’re not sleeping together.

My favourite has to be Donal Logue’s terrible impression of a stoner.

“You’ve never been stoned before have you?”
“You look at me and you’d think yes.” looks resigned, shakes head

It’s been really, really great. Too bad the ratings have been tragic.

Yup, really enjoying it! Reckon its one of the best new shows this season. So odds are high that it’ll get cancelled soon…

When I first saw the teasers I was not interested in the show, as it just looked like another cheap buddy detective show… Didn’t expect it to be so fresh and willing to move its plot-arc forwards!

Are they that bad? Ugh. I love this show. :(

According to wikipedia here, it got 1.6 million for the pilot and has gone down from there. Hovering around half a mil for the past few episode, which is likely where it’ll stay. Did the trailer turn people off? Do they just not know about it?

The show doesn’t have a really easy hook for the mass audience. There isn’t a huge amount of flashy action, there isn’t a ton of sex, it’s kind of a show about solving crimes but not a forensic procedural, there are no teenagers, no super powerrs, no ghosts, no satellite imagery.

It’s one of the least “edgy” FX shows. The simplest thing you could say about the show is that it’s like a modern Rockford Files, which is great if you’re trying to hook a 47 year old viewer or a classic TV junkie like me and useless for most everyone else.

Yeah, I love it, but I have a hard time getting my friends into it. They’re not sold on the detective style and the dry witty banter is entertaining to them, but not a draw to keep them watching. I don’t know how to else to sell it to them, because if they aren’t in after watching 2 episodes, I doubt they really care that it has great characters and solid writing.

My wife and I love this show. The characters are wonderful and the acting very solid. I especially liked the sister – casting his real-life sister was brilliant.

This show blew me away with its pilot. I really got a Chinatown noir feeling through the whole first plot arc. It almost feels more like literature to me than television (not entirely unlike the best episodes of Justified, which felt pretty much like an Elmore Leonard novel) Disappointing to hear that it’s not doing particularly well.

There’s definitely a parallel between the wit that Terriers occasionally displays and the better episodes of Justified. Wit is definitely something that’s usually missing in TV humor.

Comparisons to Justified? Sold.

Now to find the episodes I missed to this point.

If you have access to Hulu, all the full episodes are there.

This show is getting better and better but it looks like it’s headed for cancellation :(

I started watching this around Episode 3 or 4 (not sure) and I’m really impressed with the acting, the pacing, the storylines, the characters. It’s subtle but clever and fun. Oddly, yes, I can see this as an updated Rockford Files too but with writing to appeal to more sophisticated viewer.

So is it just me or is it easy to imagine things going very badly, very fast, given what these lads are currently holding onto if someone should aggressively start asking questions? (“Where did the money for your sister’s assisted living program come from?” “Where did you say you got this ring again?” “Whose checks were you using?” Etc…)

I love the theme song.

It’s available on iTunes as Gunfight Epiphany.

I just started watching this show, and three episodes in…I’m hooked. Totally love the chemistry with the two leads, as well as with Britt and Katie, my favorite characters. Can’t wait to get caught up.

Thanks for this. I couldn’t freaking believe this wasn’t a preexisting song. So good!

Wish it was available through Amazon. :(

I love how this show resolves plot threads in a totally unexpected yet believable way. Can’t wait for tonite’s episode.