Terry Jones RIP

Grim Reaper enough with the Pythons!

Terry Jones is gone. He suffered terribly from dementia and was no longer able to recognize the other Pythons.

He and his mates heavily influenced my formative years. This makes me sad.

Wow. He was overshadowed by Palin, Idle and Cleese, but I always thought he was amazing.

Here is a more fitting article doing him more credit.

Rest in Peace Terry!

He and Palin were my favorites of the group. RIP!

2020, you’re starting off badly. RIP

That sucks. Plus dementia is hard not only for the victim, but for friends and family. RIP

Aw, that’s terrible to hear, I didn’t know he was unwell. If there could be said to be such a thing, Jones was probably the most underrated of the Pythons but always very funny. I really enjoyed his “Medieval Life” documentary series too.

Just watched Holy Grail a week ago. Very sad to hear.

Fuck. RIP.
I guess it’s a good thing that we made it another 30 years without losing another python.*
Still, fuck.
I hadn’t heard that Jones suffered from dementia.

*forgot about Neil Innes, guess I should qualify that.

In this, the greatest comedy sketch of all time (by anyone)*, Jones plays a sniveling waiter. All of the acting is superb and the not-so-gradual escalation from banal normalcy to utter lunacy is priceless.

*A proven fact, not open to debate.

Terry Jones was the heart of Monty Python. Cleese, Idle, Palin and Chapman got more notices, but Terry Jones was the creative soul of the group and the guy who made them what they were.

And this is just lovely:

That is awesome. Thanks.

Great article, thanks for posting.

This is pretty good hour long documentary about how the group formed. At 3:10, see Terry as a child.