Texas Continues to go off the rails

All kinds of hilarity in this article.

Basically, more stuff about people freaking out about how the US is going to take over Texas… despite… you know… Texas already being part of the US.

I love how this article ends:

If something mysterious is afoot, Johnston, said, he wants to get to the bottom of it.
“Two and two doesn’t add up,” he said.

IT’S FOUR.

On Saturday in San Antonio, protesters gathered outside the Alamo to decry its new designation as a Unesco World Heritage site, on the less-than-rational basis that this honour could be the prelude to a United Nations takeover of Texas’ most sacred landmark.

That’s… really something.

Goddamn but I do love a good conspiracy theory. This is not one of those.

Oh FFS.

sigh

Somebody call up Mexico, tell them they can have Texas back.

I hate to laugh at this sort of thing because this almost seems as it comes from legitimate crazy, but I can’t help it.

How much do you think we’d have to pay them to do it?

More seriously, I agree - people who think those things are often beyond simply ignorant; there’s something truly not right going on in their minds. That said, it’s amazing how powerful of an influence those around us can have even when we’d be otherwise considered rational actors.

There’s definitely a contagion effect. Some people are heavily predisposed towards irrationality, but others are more borderline. If they’re surrounded by paranoid, illogical folk, they join them, but if not, not. One major problem with modern communications technology is the ease with which fringe elements can form communities of the like-minded where no conflicting views are heard. It’s adding shearing forces to this country that may, if they grow strong enough, lead to chaos or dissolution.

Haha. Thanks Timex, that really made my day.

Awesome. I clicked through the links and I found the first comment:

“I thought something was up because the last few years, they have been burying all kinds of different tubing underground.”

Lol.

Say what you will about Texas, but it’s no Florida. At least Texas has Austin going for it.

-Tom

Hey! Florida is sane compared to Texas. We have loons but they rarely organize!

It’s a “what have the Romans ever done for us!?” thing.

Which motivates: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExWfh6sGyso – man, I should watch the whole movie again.

We could almost have our own evil axis – Texas, Florida, and Arizona.

Latest in the conspiracy craziness: Jade Helm and the Iran nuclear deal are the same thing.

It’s all part of Obama’s liberal conspiracy to implement sharia law. On the plus side for conservatives, that will take care of the gay marriage problem.

And we have Universal/Disneyland.

“Universal Disneyland”?! What now, does the UN want to take over another of our sacred, national landmarks!? Mother, git mah guns…

Pshaw. We have those in California and we’re not (as) crazy.

-Tom

You don’t have Grady Judd: http://www.snopes.com/crime/cops/judd.asp