Thanks, Shelby. Just thanks

Way to stay classy, GOP.

It’s one thing for the lunatic fringe to believe this, but for a US Senator to piss gasoline on the fire… well.

I also don’t get how people have to warp logic, common sense, and all evidence to the contrary to get to somehow Obama being born in Africa. To a non-American mom or something.

Shelby is the biggest idiot in the Senate at times. Obama is an American in every rational sense of the word.

Ugh…and he will be Alabama’s senator until he keels over or is caught on charges. Not a damn thing I can do about it.

Fuck you Shelby. That is all.

Not that the junior senator is any great catch, either. Go Jeff Sessions!

Oooohkay. So if he’s confident, why even bring it up? I’m pretty sure most people know you have to be born in the US to be president (which is weird, anyway).

Edit: oh, okay. Apparently someone in the audience asked.

In addition, Factcheck.org reproduced an announcement of Obama’s birth, including his parents’ address in Honolulu, that was published in the Honolulu Advertiser on Aug. 13, 1961.

Retcon.

The better way to describe the requirement is to be a naturally born US citizen. Meaning, Americans born abroad to US citizens would still be eligible, unless my memory is playing tricks on me. There is a 14 year residency requirement along with the 35 years old age requirement.

Yep, otherwise mccain wouldnt have been eligible, since he was not born in the US.

Late Update: Shelby’s spokesman has responded to the story, telling Ben Smith that it’s a “distortion.” The spokesman says Shelby mentioned the birth certificate as a “throwaway line” in explaining the qualifications for office, and that Shelby “doesn’t have any doubt” of Obama’s eligibility.”

So even though he said it, he didn’t really say it, what he said was a distortion of what he said.

What is it that you think he said?

thanks, bolton. just thanks.

Former UN Ambassador John Bolton believes the security of the United States is at dire risk under the Obama administration. And before a gathering of conservatives in Washington on Thursday morning, he suggested, as something of a joke, that President Barack Obama might learn a needed lesson if Chicago were destroyed by a nuclear bomb.

“The fact is on foreign policy I don’t think President Obama thinks it’s a priority,” said Bolton. “He said during the campaign he thought Iran was a tiny threat. Tiny, tiny depending on how many nuclear weapons they are ultimately able to deliver on target. Its, uh, its tiny compared to the Soviet Union, but is the loss of one American city” – here Bolton changes his tone subtly to prepare for the joke – “pick one at random – Chicago – is that a tiny threat?”